The depths you can go to.......

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnh001

John
Reaction score
Surprised how deep you can find stuff on the beach. 50c at the bottom of this hole.

Not the first time I have gone this deep, was a $1 from memory but usually a ring pull.

Using AT-PRO in coin mode, standard coil.

1393542155_beach_hole1.jpg

1393542190_beach_hole2.jpg

Hi pete

Yes it is Wamberal, had sensitivity on 7 (2nd bar from top) and machine was singing loud and clear.

Beach gets noisey as you move up the sand toward the foliage and needed to turn the sensitivity down to about 4 to quiet things down.

Yes it has surprised me a couple of times...... although could be my digging technique and its feel in from the side. But it appeared to be in the centre all the way down

Hey Dad, I dug a hole!!.. And aint she a Beaut! Reminds me of the shell scrapes we used to dig in the Army.. Except its not in the bedrock an your not using an E tool!

Cheers, Tone

Thought it was Wamberal, from the background
Last edited by Pete_The_Prospector (Yesterday 06:30 pm)

What give it away Pete, the sand!

1393700261_018-optimized.jpg

nice score that deep, pity it wasnt the tip of a bronze cannon barrel ;) ........love the pic with beach in the background looks heaps better than the lizard country here in central vic...... 8.(

Got a good ping on this one, found a dollar coin at about 200mml, checked the hole before filling it in, got another ping and kept digging.

After another 600 mm found this.

Please excuse the quality as I was trying to get a good angle but never really achieved a good shot.

1394757089_087_-_copy.jpg

On crunched up beer can.

Still amazed at the depth on the beach that this detector can reach.

I've dug many holes like that while beach detecting with the AT Gold. After a while you learn that nothing good ever comes from a 1mtr deep hole :lol:

Yep we learned that at Nundle as well lol.

John, need to do a nugget depth test - will lend you my .5 and .87 grammers. would be interesting to know what depth they get pinged at.

Yeah so true nugget! The best way to check if its a large trash signal is to see if signal is still large a few or more inches above normal swinging height. Combine that with your ID number (Aluminium can @ ID 81) and you'll know not to waste your time... thats my experience with the AT Gold anyway!

Only had the machine for 5 weeks so still learning, at the moment I dig "nearly" everything.

Luckily its usually only sand...

Latest posts