Thanks.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Thanking you all for your welcome.

We are planning a road trip from Tassie to Townsville in June, yes, to the big island by ferry !!!!!!!!

We are hoping to test drive our new Garrett GTI Treasure Max which we should receive in about a week, any tips / techniques would be gratefully received.

We will be travelling via Tocumwal, Dubbo, Bourke,Chareville Barcaldine, Emerald etc. Planning to call in to Hill End and Lightning Ridge.

Again, your advice / suggestions would be appreciated.

Continue to enjoy all good things.

Gerdin48.

Hi Gerdin48,

To assist in providing you with a more tailored response could you advise on what you'll be primarily targeting? (i.e gold, coins or relics) and have you had any previous detecting experience?

My advice is to read the user manual several times, watch many YouTube videos as well as learning the ins and outs of your new detector by just getting out there and using it. It can take quite a few hours to fully learn a detector so practice makes perfect, and don't be afraid to ask questions.

If you ever need anyone to detect with I'm sure one of our members would be up for it.

Good luck on your trip next month and please keep us updated on your progress.

Cheers,
Nugget

Latest posts