Suggestions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I think it would be good to have a members editable forum calendar where members could publicly schedule their own planned prospecting trips in advance, that is, when they wished for other forum members to see and know and potentially join in. Different coloured events for each state. It could be the same calendar as the events calendar above, or a separate one. It should only be visible for members though.

The individual event entry in the calendar should show the event creator (member) and the approximate location e.g. Sofala, as well as a link to a forum post about the trip. I am sure there'd be a 3rd party addon or module for this forum that could make this possible. People might even be able to add their name to the event to say they'll be there too.

Just a suggestion... or two....

I think something like it was discussed earlier. Was put on the back burner for the time being but I recon it'd be a good thing to re-visit.
It was done on a forum I used to frequent & it worked well. Like any other part of the forum - it needs to moderated.

It's something I will consider down the track, but there would be a lot of work involved in implementing this type of system, and as AG said it would require additional moderation. Right now I'm tied up working on some other features so I wouldn't be able to look into it for a few months at least.

For now members are able to post outings, meet-ups, camping trips etc under the Clubs, Groups and Member Events section.

Cheers,
Nugget

The clubs ,Groups ,and members events section is currently under utilized, and the provision for events is already catered for within the parameters of the forum. Once this existing avenue becomes too congested, that would be the time to look at an alternative solution....my opinion only..Cheers Wal. :)

Latest posts