stolen Garratt ATX deep seeker kit 15-12-14 Manly NSW, pls look out

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That really sux mate, hope you get it back, I had some fishing rods stolen from there once, only turned my back for a minute, the thieves there will steal anything not nailed down.

hi mate,sorry to hear about your stolen gear, i am a pawnbroker and my best advise although somewhat obvious is get that serial number to the police as pawnbrokers in NSW have to download all buys/loans they do to a police database for checks on theft, if it ends up in a pawn shop you will get your stuff back and the scum that took it will get charged

bazza2210 said:
OldDogNewTrick said:
Mint condition ATX stolen - police informed and trying to locate serial num from garratt meanwhile notify any dodgy super cheap ATxs to me at [email protected] thanks
DAve

Hi Dave,

What state are you located in?, we have many members in all states - it might help to narrow things down a bit.

Rgds

Barry

oops I see NSW in the post header - sorry bout that

Recently spoke to the boys at Goldsearch in Dunolly, they get people taking off with hired detectors all the time.

The cops contact the address given....."oh, sorry forgot to return it, will do tomorrow".....nada!

After this they are unwilling to prosecute because the product in question was given to them under a contract, cops say no laws broken.... they must try to redeem under civil prosecution.

Sucks, i know but its only a metal detector mate....the police wont help you without a serial number and a positive ID. They dont give a toss about your ATX. Better things to do!

If he doesn't pawn it your in with a chance of about zero......Sorry, but i hope you track it down mate ;)

Happy ending...sort of...and to Jamie's post above.....thief deposited ATX at pawnbroker who are legally obliged to lodge serial # in database which matches to police database serial numbers of nicked stuff = result.
Should have my ATX back after the police have finished with it as 'evidence'.
Moral? Record your serial #.
TD

On a positive note of support..

How do you find the ATX there, mate? I've not seen one in person and would love to hear your thoughts.

Hi Mate, really glad to hear that you got your atx back, i only mentioned about this post yesterday on another post (have to apologize, i called it a sdc on that post), as a pawnbroker myself we get a bad rap about stolen gear and being dodgy etc but most of the pawnbrokers are running a legitimate above board business that wont knowingly take stolen goods, glad it was able to find its way back to you

the honest pawnbroker
Jamie

Latest posts