Station owners guilty of prospector murder

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
" STEPHEN Struber and Dianne Wilson-Struber have been found guilty of murdering a gold prospector on their remote Cape York cattle station.

BRUCE Schuler, 48, went missing from Palmerville Station in July 2012 and his body has never been found.
Members of Mr Schuler's family openly wept as the verdict was handed down, while the convicted murderers showed little emotion. "

couriermail.com.au/news/breaking-news/qld-gold-prospector-murder-jury-retires/story-fnihsfrf-1227455295430

Always wondered when that would get sorted...

Trespassing is always risky; but I think the outcome here was a might heavy handed. Then again who knows what actually happened...

And in some places up there, if you stumble across other green crops - you could also find yourself in trouble... Had to get out of a couple of places, when we were shooting in the late 70's. Well tendered crops and man traps...

In those days Anger (and i speak from a position of some vaguely remembered experience) it probably would have been a case of them thinking people would be smoking their profit rather than dobbing them into the cops.

YES and not worried about the odd smoke - but poachers taking off with the crop...

Some of the man-traps were right out of Vietnam - nasty. Cross bows, shotguns and pits ......

We were so luck a few times... blundering around chasing pigs for Cane and Tobacco farmers... We never said any thing at the time as you never knew who you were talking to or dobbing on..

Keep quiet and stay alive and one piece.

Poor Bastard.
All he probably wanted was to be left alone and maybe find a bit of Yellow. :|

These convicted murderers were known to harass and physically threaten anyone who was even going close to their property and that was not the first occasion firearms had been involved. I may be wrong but the poor prospector I believe was not trespassing and was about 1km away from his prospecting mate when shots were fired.

At least his family now has some closure and those bastards have been dealt with.

Tathradj said:
Poor Bastard.

If you read the full story, the property owners were a bit strange - but are we not all a bit twisted over some things...

But had also suffered from ongoing trespassing and threats from those that were happy to detect without permission and take what they found... Stealing and property destruction and fences torn down.

Two wongs do not make a right; but at some stage someone was going to crack...

I have been with people up that way and on more than one occasion, been told... It OK we hunt on this guys property all the time - only to find out later. That the property owner has never given permission and has had stock shot and was rightly piss off.

Not hard to see how, under the right/wrong circumstances - shite could happen... and I could have been the one shot dead - totally innocent !!!!

And I bet that since the Property owner was locked up - more than a few; have decided to jump the fence while no one was around to say or do anything...

Always two sides to every story... Just putting it out there...

And many may not like it but not all prospectors a nice people that follow the law...

Then in South Americia there is a Zero Tolerance in some places; when it comes to crime. And those involved get no warning and no second chance.

https://video-lax1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/h...=7532cdb4965ea4a4c44911a211ab8e26&oe=55B21382

You know nothing about this case AM. Nothing.

The correct decision has been made by a jury of our peers, but it doesn't bring Bruce back does it?

Simmo - Lived in that area for years - worked and prospected -

Never said that the person did not get murdered and or that the person/s that were involved have not been dealt with.

But a lot more to the background of some involved and the history - than what you read...

As for the personal attack and wild assumptions - cement pill needed.

Get ya facts straight first.

No matter what the situation, shoot people with a video not a gun and let the police sort out any trespass issue based on the evidence.
Jon

AngerManagement said:
Always wondered when that would get sorted...

Trespassing is always risky; but I think the outcome here was a might heavy handed. Then again who knows what actually happened...

And in some places up there, if you stumble across other green crops - you could also find yourself in trouble... Had to get out of a couple of places, when we were shooting in the late 70's. Well tendered crops and man traps...

Minor correction needed to my above post.

I was NOT saying / implying that the Court decisions were heavy handed - if some may have read it that way...

Trespassing is always risky; but I think the outcome here for the victim was a might heavy handed. Then again who knows what actually happened...

But to be having a bit of a dig or just being human and got things a bit wrong.
B@llsh1t
Even if you are trespassing or detecting or just sitting on a rock having a cuppa or a crap.
No life is worth that.
we us here in Austraya are a tad more edumacated than that. True, Some cases yes, Hang the scum but this.
You walk on my land and get shot and dumped.
No freaking way.
If some one did that on my land, I would haul there arse and go court.
If they prove that they have made an honest mistake.
Have a beer and chill out.
feck.
What is this society coming too.

AngerManagement said:
Tathradj said:
Poor Bastard.

If you read the full story, the property owners were a bit strange - but are we not all a bit twisted over some things...

But had also suffered from ongoing trespassing and threats from those that were happy to detect without permission and take what they found... Stealing and property destruction and fences torn down.

Two wongs do not make a right; but at some stage someone was going to crack...

I have been with people up that way and on more than one occasion, been told... It OK we hunt on this guys property all the time - only to find out later. That the property owner has never given permission and has had stock shot and was rightly piss off.

Not hard to see how, under the right/wrong circumstances - shite could happen... and I could have been the one shot dead - totally innocent !!!!

And I bet that since the Property owner was locked up - more than a few; have decided to jump the fence while no one was around to say or do anything...

Always two sides to every story... Just putting it out there...

And many may not like it but not all prospectors a nice people that follow the law...

Then in South Americia there is a Zero Tolerance in some places; when it comes to crime. And those involved get no warning and no second chance.

https://video-lax1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/h...=7532cdb4965ea4a4c44911a211ab8e26&oe=55B21382

As I have been trying to say...

At some stage, someone was going to crack...

They did and the end result was not good...

Did I ever say that shooting someone in this situation was good or right = NO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts