Some things you need to know about canvas

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FYI This is the van, the same arrangement at the other end

1392427166_windsor.jpg

It is very hard for me to know where the leaks are coming from without doing some tests.. One good test for canvas is to lay the canvas over a large tray, make a depression in the canvas and fill the canvas with some water.. This will show if the leaks are thru the canvas leaking or the stitching is leaking.. The water may be coming thru the zippers or a leak where the canvas is fitted to the van.. Sorry I am not a caravan repairer and only make the canvas products for them.. :)
condor22 said:

Might take the matresses out and spray some water on to see if I can find the location the water is getting through. when it leaked last year it was overnight and too late to see.

I think wax is a good idea, but to save all this work, just throw a cheap blue poly tarp over the setup should be fine

The reason the mould comes back stronger is because the bleach strips out the proofing and mould inhibitors... need to reproof with a good proofing and mould inhibitor...bradmill waterproofing is very good... The bleach will kill the mould but will not remove the stain..it will be permanent.. :) :) :)
jimnyjerry said:
Great info Kawman :)

Agree about bleach, it also just hides the mould then feeds it so it comes back stronger.

Campers have problems with condensation under your mattress in the morning, caused by body heat. This could be what's happening to you. There is info on this on the net, I don't believe there is a fix.
I have this problem with my camper, all I do is lift the mattress to air. Cheers John. :)

I have the same problem, I've reduced it by getting some coarse shade cloth folded double under the mattress. There is a product out there that Clark rubber do, but its almost $300 for 1 double. The shadecloth cost me <$50 for bothe beds.

Latest posts