Some NSW state forests to be privatised.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's disheartening to hear of the ever reducing list of areas that we are allowed to prospect in. One day it may come down to us all crowding one little flogged forest, shoulder to shoulder pinging crumbs :(

Frankdonovan121 said:
It looks like the land is still going to be leased and therefor still be crown land. Not sure how crown land and prospecting is handled over east though.

In Vic you have to be careful. You can go onto Geovic and highlight Crown land in the Land status overlay, and all these areas show up as grey. Then, if you click on "Tenure", up comes all these other colors replacing parts of the grey. Many of these (such as around Moliagul and other places in the GT), are land between private land and State Forest that have as much as a 99 year lease on them for grazing or cropping. Put your foot on these and you are trespassing plain and simple. Then if you click on some other overlay you find that it's Crown land being used as a recreational reserve or similar.

OrangeNugget said:
say what you want but the stupid government isnt going to stop me
Same attitude I had for a long time about everything.
But you just end up in a cage until you comply.We can't win :/

I live near a forest that Hankcocks with pines,the only time they put notices not to go there,is when they are harvesting.Any other time you can see people prospecting in there,better than parks,so don't worry,I would say the people who have the pines would not care less. :D

Latest posts