Some extremely sad news...

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very sorry for your loss, Simmo. Same thing happened to my best mate just over 2 years` ago. I saw stuff i don`t want to see again .
It is tough .Stay strong and take care of yourself and never forget your mate.

Yeah, I sorta didn't want to go to the Hospital, and in a way I am glad that he went so quickly...

My last memory of Jas was a couple of months ago when a Geologist mate of mine gave me some dream mat that hadn't come out of the mold properly.
I couldn't think of a better person to give it to, so dropped it off to Jason, a true small time operator!

The smile on his face, gawking at his new dream mat, is what I will remember...
8.(

Its strange,
I started working the patch Jason and I found last year, I started working it on the day he passed, I dont know why?? I have pay dirt stock piled, enough to last me weeks!
I spoke to him 2 weeks ago and said I would bring some conns back for him to Blue bowl when he was up for it.
I had that and the nuggs to show off to him this week and to tell him how good the dirt is, that's then I got the sad news!!

Devastated.

My heart goes out to the family friends of this legend who is already dearly missed.
Forever in my heart, Jason my bro.

Thank you Simmo

Kim Foxwell is with Jason Ashford.
1 hr

Jason's Cairns memorial will be held at Lake Placid on the 13th June at 11am, apologies on the delay. Please pass on information where you can. Thanks

I cant seem to PM everybody....
Cairns locals gold prospectors, please try to pass by and pay your respects.
I'm assuming, that it is going to be wet and miserable, but I know if it was Jas, he'd be out there!!

Guys, shamelessly, I'd like to bump this post.

Cairns Local Prospectors please pay respect....
Lake Placid, tomorrow 11 am.

Jason Ashford RIP

1591965982_20171209_1523032.jpg

Thankyou to everybody that turned up today in the rain!!

Jas would be up there with the watering can, sayin' "there you buggers, that's what I go thru climbing up the track!!"

Some great, funny moments shared, some loving words from Kim and treasured friends....

Jason Ashford I am proud to have been a part of your life.

Latest posts