Some 2014 finds....!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Happy New Year everyone..!!

Thought I would actually get around to posting some of my coin and relic finds for 2014.

I found all of these goodies in different parks in Sydney, using my Fisher Gold Bug Pro and Minelab Pinpointer.

1420698891_toygunside2.jpg

1420698965_becfinds1_2.jpg

1420699001_coins.jpg

1420699042_findside1.jpg

Bullet head stamp is marked with the following - MF 36 XII

The pre decimal coins are - Sixpence 1958. Threepence 1944 1934 and 1955. One Half Penny 1933. One Penny 1863 and 1903.

There is also a 1 Deutsche Mark 1950 coin and a Netherlands 5 cent piece from 1983.

Thanks and cheers,
Bec. :)

Thanks Roscoe and Bop....!

Not sure when the toy gun was made actually, I have searched and searched the internet and am yet to find this exact style. There are lots of toy guns that are similar, from all differing dates so the origin and date of my find is still a mystery to me.

Anyway, for anyone that may be interested, in my search I came across this great website for toy cap guns loaded with lots of fantastic information and pictures. http://www.nicholscapguns.com

Cheers,

Hi Bec, nice cap gun, how big is it, and does it open up or is it solid - full size or a minature? I thought it might have been a Hubley Jn Texan from the 1950's, but the design is a bit different. :)

Thanks Goldpick and Billy....!!

I was pretty happy with that find, I just love digging up history. Unfortunately though, I can't be sure if something has broken off, just where the trigger is or whether it is just wear and tear. Also it is about 14.5 cm from tip to the end of the handle long and it does not open up at all. On the other side it says Junior in the same place where is says Texan in my pic.

It does look very similar to the picture your posted Billy, it might be made by the same company actually.

Thanks and cheers,

Thanks Silver..!!

Wow, you certainly have had some great finds, well done. Love your cap gun and I was very impressed to read that it was made in Australia.

Thanks and cheers,

Thank you Bec,.it's all good fun, and the learning curve never ends,...and too much is never enough,..watched one of your vids from the link before(nice happy dance), would have been a memorable adventure for the two of you(just one of many I see).
Cheers, Silver.
Golddiggergirls said:
Thanks Silver..!!

Wow, you certainly have had some great finds, well done. Love your cap gun and I was very impressed to read that it was made in Australia.

Thanks and cheers,

Latest posts