Social Etiquette Pet Hates

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrisJoe

Joe
Reaction score
What are your social etiquette pet hates?

My number one is people who don't push their chair in when they leave a table.

Or when people leave their empty wrappers and stuff when eating at a shopping center food court and just leave it for the cleaners. This is especially annoying on a Thursday night when seating is a premium when it's less then a 5m walk to the closest bin

BrisJoe said:

Or when people leave their empty wrappers and stuff when eating at a shopping center food court and just leave it for the cleaners. This is especially annoying on a Thursday night when seating is a premium when it's less then a 5m walk to the closest bin

Hey Joe I take a different view, if everyone picked up their own rubbish there would be no need to employ cleaners, more rubbish more cleaners at these area's = more employment, but do not leave your rubbish laying around outside!!!!
Lee

where to begin :mad: ... People who stop to talk in shops a decide to block an entire aisle for 5 minutes oblivious to anyone trying to get past who is actually shopping, drivers who sit in the right hand lane on highway/freeway's who are not overtaking or turning or doing the speed limit, people who feel their mobile phone conversation should be shared with the world...
I could probably go on and on but i think my biggest pet hate is just people in general who are so self centred they have no idea or no interest on what is happening around them :rolleyes: .

I hate the fact that my mind is like a sieve, names just was through it, makes me feel rude every time I reencounter 'mates'. I'd give you an example ........ but ........ naaaa ....... it is gone. :8

shivan said:
where to begin :mad: ... People who stop to talk in shops a decide to block an entire aisle for 5 minutes oblivious to anyone trying to get past who is actually shopping, drivers who sit in the right hand lane on highway/freeway's who are not overtaking or turning or doing the speed limit, people who feel their mobile phone conversation should be shared with the world...
I could probably go on and on but i think my biggest pet hate is just people in general who are so self centred they have no idea or no interest on what is happening around them :rolleyes: .

Sums it up for me!

Mobile phones in general especially at the dinner table,my law is,if you answer the phone while out at dinner your paying;)

People that over turn in cars going around corners just like they are pulling a 40ft trailer' or wait for a park when the person that would be pulling out hasn't even got in.
Unfortunately we ain't in a perfect world and I'm not perfect either' but it does't take much common sense to work out smart from stupid but all I see is stupid.

One of mine has to be the self serve checkouts.

One particular shop has no checkouts just self serve.

So you arrive and start doing your thing then you get interrupted and the person
at the front end either takes over or steps in. Why have self serve in?

Graffiti "tags"
This unsightful ( & often unreadable) cr@p that I see everywhere annoys me. Sprayed on buildings, scratched into glass & perspex.
Tags are not artistic nor even humorous.
They are the human version of taking a cr@p on someone elses property.
If the perpetrators are so proud of them, why don't they tattoo them on their own forehead ?

....or maybe I'm just a grumpy b@stard. ?

BrisJoe said:

Compared to the rest of the world the average Aussie is a grub.

A couple of years ago my wife and I were in one of the Disney World parks in Orlando, Florida. We found a food court to have lunch in that must have had over 100 tables in it. We watched in amazement as everyone without exception put their rubbish in the bin when they were finished. That would never happen in Oz, it is almost impossible to find a clean table here at times.

People that walk into me intentionally, expecting me to get out of their way. women are the worst. :mad:

slipped disc said:
People that walk into me intentionally, expecting me to get out of their way. women are the worst. :mad:
Women with a shopping trolley are insane.

Balx said:
People that dont say thanks when you hold the door open. Makes my blood boil.

+1, this happens to me all the time and when it does I usually say "yeah no worries mate" lol

Nugget said:
Balx said:
People that dont say thanks when you hold the door open. Makes my blood boil.

+1, this happens to me all the time and when it does I usually say "yeah no worries mate" lol
haha I do the "NO WORRIES" cant help myself.