smoking has been outlawed in nsw forests

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Keep aus beautiful guys!!!
I smoke unfortunately,and I but in bottle then bin ,when near one
I have a few beers ,and bottles in ute or bin!
And I take all my bottle tops aswell! This ,in my mind may stop me wasting most of the day ,digging up crappy targets and one day get that lil nugget :lol:
Pick all my rubbish and others rubbish ,respect our Forrest ,private lands, and this beautiful country we are blessed with!
And share it with our kids and grand kids!

VARTS..........

:D

Hmmmm,

I'm a non smoker, have always been a non smoker.

Seriously though you cant sell a product and continuously control people how they use this product. Especially when you fill your pockets with its tax.

Oh let's not forget the rants of how unhealthy and dangerous the gov keep telling us smoking is, but again keep selling them and fill your pockets with smoke taxes.

I agree with not smoking around food and children, but I draw the line there.
As people we are loosing our rights to hypocritical politicians (mostly greenies) and many people are blind to it all.

The new law is a joke and the gov is a joke.

Smokers puff away

That's what I said, while its legal there's nothing you can do but whinge. Even though your a hawker (footy) LOL I agree with you Lambs.
But while they are puffing away on their god given legal right, please don't blow it on me and don't burn down our bush please.
Otherwise light up and knock yourselves out smokers. Its your lungs and throat.
Oh and please don't do it near the little ones, they cant protect themselves like I can. ;)

Varts said:
Hope they don't bann it,
I will have no fingernails left :cool:

Mate have you tried the e-cigarette? Or so called vaporiser I haven't touched a real cigarette for 8 months now and saving approximately 500 bucks a month. Costs me about 10 bucks a month for the juice. :)

Some interesting points of view.
Some food for thought..... I have seen a lot of talk about smoke butts littering the place but what about all the other rubbish... should we ban all fast food because of the amount of rubbish it generates?
Then there is the talk about not liking the smell, which is a fair call. But does that mean i can get all the people who wear too much perfume/cologne fined? Or get the brands i don't like the smell of banned?
May
For that matter maybe because the extreme greens don't like our hobby it should be banned?
Most smokers are not saints but will do the right thing most of the time but like anything else there are idiots with no consideration for how their actions affect others.
I could understand the ban whilst total fire bans were in place but otherwise it just seems totally stupid.

Jaros said:
Good onya Joe. Food tastes better too heh!!
Thanks Jaros, yes the food , the missus definitely tastes better. I did however added few kg :D

goldtruck59 said:
That's what I said, while its legal there's nothing you can do but whinge. Even though your a hawker (footy) LOL I agree with you Lambs.
But while they are puffing away on their god given legal right, please don't blow it on me and don't burn down our bush please.
Otherwise light up and knock yourselves out smokers. Its your lungs and throat.
Oh and please don't do it near the little ones, they cant protect themselves like I can. ;)

Mate.......
Go you mighty Hawks. Great pick ups, 3 in a row.

joe said:
Jaros said:
Thanks Jaros, yes the food , the missus definitely tastes better. I did however added few kg :D
Haha, I've also gained a few kg's since giving up, I never used to eat much but now crave certain foods as much as I used to crave the fags......and yeah, you're right about the missus tasting better too :lol:

ProspectorPete said:
joe said:
Jaros said:
Haha, I've also gained a few kg's since giving up, I never used to eat much but now crave certain foods as much as I used to crave the fags......and yeah, you're right about the missus tasting better too :lol:
:D the story goes the longer you're married the less you get - so when you do score its like Christmas,Birthday,Christening all together :lol:

joe said:
:D the story goes the longer you're married the less you get - so when you do score its like Christmas,Birthday,Christening all together :lol:
I've heard that you put a jellybean in a jar for every one you get before marriage, then take one jellybean out for every one you get after marriage and you'll never empty the jar.
Trace and I are getting married next year so I better start buying jellybeans and save the coffee jar :D

ProspectorPete said:
joe said:
I've heard that you put a jellybean in a jar for every one you get before marriage, then take one jellybean out for every one you get after marriage and you'll never empty the jar.
Trace and I are getting married next year so I better start buying jellybeans and save the coffee jar :D

I wish you all the best and longevity and stock up on both :lol:

cracka said:
Here Here, not all butts are thrown out alight but they still stink up the place and are very unsightly especially in the bush. Thats also why i collect any empty bottles i find cause they start fires in summer as well. Oh and by the way throwing your empties over the hill at Cols Bridge doesnt hide them because us prospectors look there as well. If you dont keep it clean F@#k off! Your hobby is smoking and it gets in my eyes nose and clothes, my hobby is drinking and how would you like it if i peed in your nose eyes and clothing, no difference?

Cracka

I am a smoker...but not a drinker...I play darts a lot.
I cannot smoke there...but I have to put up with violent pissheads way too often.

The door swings both ways.

As for the bush...anyone throwing a lit cigarette away needs to be given 2 years in the slammer minimum.
I have fought bushfires, it may sound exciting...but it is far from the truth.

Hey Horse, Violent drunks with darts? Sounds like an english soccer game. :mad: Dont complain to me i cant have a beer in a public place.
KarlS said:
cracka wrote:

Here Here, not all butts are thrown out alight but they still stink up the place and are very unsightly especially in the bush. Thats also why i collect any empty bottles i find cause they start fires in summer as well. Oh and by the way throwing your empties over the hill at Cols Bridge doesnt hide them because us prospectors look there as well. If you dont keep it clean F@#k off! Your hobby is smoking and it gets in my eyes nose and clothes, my hobby is drinking and how would you like it if i peed in your nose eyes and clothing, no difference?

KarlS wrote:
And do you think I and other can't smell booze from you!?
By the way I stopped smoking about year ago. But I some one lit up beside me, so what. Couple grams of tobacco going up in smoke. Just look on hundreds of cars paying you, burning kilo grams of petrol and diesel. What next, ban the cars? How you are going to get to places where you search for gold. Horse may be. Or Wagon pull by team of bullocks. Those cow pads will sure look pretty.
Karl

Yeah you can smell the booze on me but you dont go home with my booze smell in your clothes and hair do you? :lol:

Yeah you can smell the booze on me but you don't go home with my booze smell in your clothes and hair do you?
With a ban on smoking inside at all pubs, clubs, government work places,public transport and a lot of private sector, how are you staying in contact with the smoke for long enough to get the smell in your clothes and hair? A few years ago fair enough, anyone who went to the pub would come home smelling heavily of cigarette smoke but i would have though you would almost have to go out of your way for that to happen today? I know a lot of non-smokers and they have not pulled that card for years now, but i dont live in the big city either i guess ;)

The hot end of a cigarette may start the fire,...but it's whats hanging off the other end that can make sure that doesn't happen.
Now about global warming,....just how big is the world wide tobacco fire that is constantly burning,...mmmmmm.
Once again though,....I'd blame the companies not the smoker that's just sucked in,...because they put it there in the first place.
And I know you are all going to say that it is sustainable and green because it gets grown then smoked. But I must add that it's the fossil fuel products that are used in the growing and distribution that do add to the real fire(so to speak).
Each to his own, but Crikey,....what are we going to leave for the unborn yet to have to deal with when we are all but dust.

I must say I do like Tassie's idea of banning smoking for those not born yet, good way of reducing the future uptake of smoking without a lobby group having its say. I tell kids these days I probably wasted nearly 100k on fags over twenty years of smoking - nothing worse than an exsmoker, filthy habit

and b4 it starts no I didnt hang out at gay clubs whilst I smoked, fags = bungers = nicosticks = ciggies

Latest posts