Slight misadventure

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW you've guilt tripped me into buying a spo1 now :lol: :lol: . No it's been on my radar for a while now guess I have to wait a bit longer. I don't mind at all, obviously your personal commitment to things are full on.

Moving on doesn't necessarily have to mean moving on! Look after your recovery the world will still rotate :power:

Purchasing off you soon enough good luck.

p.s. bet your eyes bulged in slow motion or was it quick.

steelPHASE said:
Hey all
Just a short post to explain why I wont be at the gold expo and why there may be a few delays in the future.

So as some will know, I am moving from Vic to Qld. This means moving all my machinery. On Friday I was loading a metal lathe into a shipping container and it decided it wanted a last minute hug.
Well lets just say that didnt end well. I lay trapped for around 1 1/2hrs with feed handle piercing my groin mm away from femoral artery. Was flown to the Alfred hospital but other than a large wound and crush injuries, Im ok.
Should be back working in a week or so (possibly longer according to doctors but I figure its only a flesh wound) albeit very slowly.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...8747_38fe7775-49b3-4905-afcc-8bfd5401d158.jpg

Glad that you're alive and you'll be back to work at at later date.

Better Lathe than never! :p

Get well soon :)

Ouch . Lathes can be top heavy buggers . did you have forklift tynes underneath the bed or was it a small lathe being moved with an engine crane ?

some people make a lifting plate that bolts on top of and underneath the ways right at the balancing point and put a lifting eye bolted through them.

maybe you can use that method when you are ready to unload it.

I recommend that when nobody is looking you do a John Cleese routine on the lathe so it knows who is boss.

Get some thick willow branches and whip it while screaming incoherently until it says sorry....

Wow! Wishing you a speedy recovery SP.
Let other people move your stuff from now on, and focus on what you do best.
Hope to see you up and about soon enough.

What bad timing SP. If you're going to hurt yourself it's not good to do it in the middle of a move. Somehow I can't see you getting the opportunity to take it easy as long as you should. The thing is if you get too active too soon it will just delay your recovery further. Hopefully you have some good help close at hand.

If it puts you in a tight spot financially now is the time to stop spending. Take it from somebody who knows. One day I woke up and decided I didn't want to work any more. We were running a 20 year old business with a big business load and a home mortgage. Within a week we were out of business with almost no income but we stopped spending. That's not easy to do when you're used to just dipping into the business for whatever you need whenever you need it but we did it. It's amazing how cheap you can live when you don't buy all those things you want but don't need.

We wish you a speedy recovery and if it leaves you in a tight spot hopefully you'll come to realize how work and money is not as important as your health. It's a nasty accident but things could be a lot worse.

Reg Wilson said:
Sorry that you won't be at Bendigo. I was looking forward to seeing the new sP02. Heal up quick.

Did i totally miss something ?

Is there an SP02 coming onto the market ?

FOZ

Latest posts