Silver Ring

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wally69

Paul
Reaction score
Stumbled across a victa beaten wedding band in the park next door, a half penny and funding for Friday's bacon,egg,cheese, tomato roll and coffee.

It amazes me what still comes out of the ground even though I have flogged it with multiple detectors over the last 3 years.

Luckily I picked up a jewellers kit at a garage sale with a ring sizer mandrel in it and have managed to beat it back into shape. It does not have any marks to indicate what it is made out of, so thinking stainless steel as I thought precious metals would be marked by makers of wedding bands, custom or bulk.

Any ideas?

1396349988_image.jpg

Yes mate, trying to work out the settings is a rewarding pastime. It punches targets at some great depth, why $2 coins are 6" deep is beyond me, must be good inch of topsoil being generated each year.

Nice find. I can't wait until I get my own detector so I can find treasure like this too.

I work in a jewellery store and some suppliers produce samples in base metal which is then good plated. Usually there is a model code number inside the band next to some letters.
Not sure why someone was wearing a sample ring out and about though! Weird but still a fun find!

looks silver and lightly scratched up, any little dings in it at all ?

Latest posts