SDC2300 SE Qld stolen

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AngerManagement

Repairs + X-pointers
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
STOLEN:

Hi all can everyone keep there eyes and ears open for anyone trying to palm off a SDC2300 detector and or accessories kit. The machine is a sdc 2300 practically brand new, it has 2 very noticeable notches underneath it.

The accessories kit was an AT waterproof pin pointer, hand digger and carry bag. All were in a black back pack, stolen from a car in the southport area.

The car was broken into a few days ago and all has been reported to police etc.

If anyone hears anything, pm me or report to GC Southport police

AngerManagement said:
STOLEN:

Hi all can everyone keep there eyes and ears open for anyone trying to palm off a SDC2300 detector and or accessories kit. The machine is a sdc 2300 practically brand new, it has 2 very noticeable notches underneath it.

The accessories kit was an AT waterproof pin pointer, hand digger and carry bag. All were in a black back pack, stolen from a car in the southport area.

The car was broken into a few days ago and all has been reported to police etc.

If anyone hears anything, pm me or report to GC Southport police

Put up some serial numbers ?
Curious to know if they the thieves would or could have know what was in vehicle or just a random bad luck for owner ?
Just appears to be a rising increase in detectors stolen from vehicles lately. Received a bumper sticker the other day that said "I'd rather be prospecting" had second thoughts about putting it on car and placed it in the drawer instead.
Puts one in a bit of a quandary that has several machines and wishes to take both out. One has to be left in the car ? Have a few have said they try to stay within sight of their vehicle but then this is not always possible I'm sure ?
:)

yes..

as per another site: in the last week alone - A Sov , and two blokes in the Whipstick yesterday had a SDC 2300 and two GPX 7000's that were on hire from Coiltec stolen from their locked ute.

a snatch and grab / opportunity is one thing...

targeted items = usually have a buyer lined up. Theft to order..

time to seriously consider insurance and identify the items..

AngerManagement said:
yes..

as per another site: in the last week alone - A Sov , and two blokes in the Whipstick yesterday had a SDC 2300 and two GPX 7000's that were on hire from Coiltec stolen from their locked ute.

a snatch and grab / opportunity is one thing...

targeted items = usually have a buyer lined up. Theft to order..

time to seriously consider insurance and identify the items..

Yes or more worrying is that they are obtaining access to purchaser details in some manner ?

One might have to start detecting with my mate Winchester :rolleyes:

Lol he must also be mates with my good friend Gevarm :) you can get dash cams for vehicles so if your carrying expensive items such as detectors then rig one up so that if someone does break in then you have them on camera.

Hi just putting up an idea if it was in a locked car i would check with your insurance company you could possibly be able to claim on either you car insurance or your home and content insurance ,i have had a bit to do with this kind of thing and i think you may have a chance .

that is why of recently if i know i am going to have to leave my detector in the car untended (not that it happens much) i will pull the detector apart and scatter it though out the car, makes it a pain the put back together when i am to use it but may just be the needed deterrent as it isn't all there to grab and run fast

Latest posts