Riffle design

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

charlie123

harold
Reaction score
This is my wal inspired setup, I run 150 lpm with the pump for the gold, clean out once per hr. She will track through small forests.
1392112927_p1060203.jpg
1392113193_p1060204_480x640.jpg

this setup owes me $400

Looks great, Cut out all the squares mate will clear heaps better, i only clean mine out at the end of the day, save some cleaning up you wont lose any. Wheels are a great addition. Cheers Balx

I have pulled the classifier off to show my riffle design, and the only reason i have riveted another riffle on the skid pan was to stop the rooster tails with big angle low pressure, I figure flour gold and big pressure does no favours, still a newbie maybe wrong

To be honest, I'm hoping that the GM of Goodman fielder is not a prospector, seeing how you guys want to keep cutting up expensive bread crates.

Village said:
To be honest, I'm hoping that the GM of Goodman fielder is not a prospector, seeing how you guys want to keep cutting up expensive bread crates.

I got mine off a building site and the side frame was broken , probably thrown there by a lazy bread delivery guy

Would goodman fielder be responsible for the hundreds of bread crates that get dumped on the side of the road , in parks , vacant land and building sites by shop owners and delivery guys who are too lazy to send them back to the source ?

They probably wouldn't mind about the 73 guys around the country who pick them up and recycle them :D

Got my bread crates from a bloke I know that works at a bakery. They have a short stack of busted crates they aren't allowed to use to he was more than happy to send a few my way! No "Midnight Spare Parts" for me! :eek:

I picked up 6 perfect bread crates in the garbage pile at a service station where I mow the lawn.
Thinking of making a lightweight hexagonal trommel out of them

Village said:

You can buy the crates, and the major baking companies will give you broken ones for free if you approach them. There's no need to steal them as they're easily obtainable for those that ask. ;)

Cheers Wal.

some people have a concoius about it, it was a joke, maybe not reflected that ways without tone. And No I'm not, job wouldn't pay enough to start for one.

Top riffles are catwalk through wal, carpet bunnings grade but i got through wal, and bread crate, I retrieved from asking a guy in supabarn loading dock while the truck was offloading for one out of the pile, I offered $5 he just gave it to me. Water pump 200lpm $180, hoses $30 building the banker owes me $300 when you have to buy the tools to build it, could have saved money just buying one from wal, but it is always fun to build things. Whole setup cost with tools $550

charlie123 said:
Top riffles are catwalk through wal, carpet bunnings grade but i got through wal, and bread crate, I retrieved from asking a guy in supabarn loading dock while the truck was offloading for one out of the pile, I offered $5 he just gave it to me. Water pump 200lpm $180, hoses $30 building the banker owes me $300 when you have to buy the tools to build it, could have saved money just buying one from wal, but it is always fun to build things. Whole setup cost with tools $550
Thats a bargain mate, less than half and ounce to pay it back. Goodluck Balx

heading to the shoalhaven stewarts crossing within the nest week or so, this will be the tester, I normaly go for gems, but i will try the gold, I have also cut as many l shapes as i can on the crate, I just have a good feeling. The old elf cart does well but maybe could use kiddies mountain bike wheels instead, will have to doddgy it up. Once done at the haven i will show pictures

thanks, good piece of information, read the first paragraph couldnt agree more. will go through now

not enough gold to show pictures from the stewarts crossing, ill stick to the gems

Latest posts