Rent metal detector in Bendigo

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello,

I am going to try prospecting near Bendigo in Kooyoora area, mostly for fun, read a lot about Victoria and gold fever, now have a chance to try myself. I was going to rent metal detector for 4 days in Melbourne and it would cost me around 250 AUD, was hoping to find better deal somewhere in Bendigo, but cannot find anything where I could rent something good. Any suggestions/advices where in Bendigo I could rent metal detector to try prospecting?

Kirill

Depending on what detector $62.50/day is pretty good really.
Kennards Hire charge $120/day for a GPX.
I'm surprised it's not more with all the clowns around stealing hire machines which has made it near impossible in a lot of places from local detector shops.

The problem here is not the daily rate, the thing is that I need that detector only for pair of days while staying in Kooyoora for 4 days, and if I rent in Bendigo I can come get it and then return back, while in Melbourne I cannot afford riding 2 hours there and back, so I am looking at Bendigo, but cannot find anything there.

kirhgoff said:
The problem here is not the daily rate, the thing is that I need that detector only for pair of days while staying in Kooyoora for 4 days, and if I rent in Bendigo I can come get it and then return back, while in Melbourne I cannot afford riding 2 hours there and back, so I am looking at Bendigo, but cannot find anything there.

You can rent detectors at Coiltek in Maryborough (or at least you could last time I checked).

The number of places that rent detectors has dropped in the past couple of years because of theft.

We don't rent them out. It's too much trouble for the small amount of income it brings in and the risk exposure.

Coiltek in Maryborough still rent out detectors. SDC is 60 per day and a GPX is $70 from memory. But you will have to pay a deposit and show your ID. Once you have rented from them a few times and they know you generally they won't charge a deposit. You have to build that trust, but they are really friendly and I was renting from them until I got my own GPX. They knew one of my mates so I didn't get charged the deposit, but I built a good rental history anyways. Give them a go

FYI The last time I was at Coiltek, the deposit (unless they know you reasonably well) was over $500 (probably over $600) of which you get all of it back once you return in good order. They've had too many stolen ones as well.

Prices for the GPX5000 start are $85 per day, and $75 per day for the GPX4500 and GPX4800.
We also have the SDC2300 available for hire for $60 per day
For 3 or more days we will give a 10% Discount.
From their web site Coiltek Gold Centre

Latest posts