RECENT GOLD NUGGET FINDS WITH THE GPX5000 IN BENDIGO VICTORIA

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi members, just wanted to show you some recent finds using the GPX5000. These were all found in the Whipstick, Bendigo National Park.

The first pic was using the Nugget Finder 12" mono coil and the second pic was using the small Sadie Nugget Finder coil
nosyea.jpg

f3b0xy.jpg

Well done, it amazing how small those last two nuggets are. Do you sell them in their natural form or melt them down?

No we don't sell them or melt them down. We are saving up all our nuggets and getting a other 5000 LOL :D I have found one nugget that I have stored the pic on my laptop and it's in the shape of a little baby crouching down and it looks like it is crying. Very unusual :)

If you look on my FB time line, it is on there somewhere :) a lot of the gold is found in the rich red Cambrian soil, where surfaced areas are and the gold is a lot more yellow in colour :) it's amazing how the colour differs from on area to the other and that could be a matter of a couple of kilometres LOL :)

Coley, gold is around $43-50 a gram, but some bigger pieces have known to have sold for more, due to its unique characteristics for its shape or natural formation. example, being encrusted with some crystal quartz, now that looks amazing. I have found a small nugget that has a bit of quartz attached to it. It looks like a tooth with gold :D

I wouldn't dream of trying to crush and remove it. In its natural state, it looks awesome. Some people find quite large nuggets, then wrap them in a cloth and crush them with a hammer, to release all the gold and there's nothing wrong with doing that, But some just look awesome as they are. :)

Well Mark just arrived back from the Whipstick with the hoover 5000 and found two nuggets weighing in at 0.175 grams. Not big, but still gold. Found in our usual spot LOL :) when we last detected that spot, we had said, there was an area we wanted to go back and detect. And guess what, we were right, Mark found gold there. When I get back home, I will post up some pics :)

Cheers guys

GarrettGirl
;)

What a great piece there GarrettGirl :eek: ....You and Mark have got to be happy with that one .....the perfect size and shape for a pendant.....got to love that Whipstick area ;)...Cheers Wal. :)

very nice , makes me want to get a metal detector but the wife says no

If she won't let you buy one ...Why don't you buy one for her ;) ...and then ask if you can borrow it sometimes :/ .....I bought Liz a fishing rod once and i have borrowed it ever since...Cheers Wal.

Latest posts