Random discussion about, Nundle, Goats, Shooting and Hi-Vis

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dropbear! said:
Can you detect in the pine forest?

Taken from the mynrma website regarding Nundle (below)
Do I need a licence?

While fossicking licences are no longer required you still need to get a permit to fossick in NSW State Forests and there are a number of guidelines which must be observed.

Cheers lads. Though the link said "The application fee is $110 (GST inc) unless otherwise stated."
A bit steep I would think. I would not mind hitting a few camping spots that have been used for many many years.

You don't need to pay the $110 application fee or provide insurance info for a fossicking permit, also the permit now covers all NSW state forests unless otherwise stated. I'm on the mobile at the moment so I don't have access to my reference material but I'll post up some more info about it a little later.

Information for all member in relation to hunters in State Forests.

All hunting in state forests was suspended earlier this year by the state government.
The NSW game Council was abolished.
A new game board is presently being set up.
It will consist of interested parties (no member will be an active shooter or hunter)
It will be operated and managed by the DPI (this will be interesting)

At present there is no hunting or shooting allowed in state forest in NSW.

So anyone that is doing this activity at present is doing it illegally.

These people are not to be approached as they certainly do not want to be identified.

To reassure everybody you have a better chance of winning OZ lotto every week than being shot at whilst out fossicking

The story of that party being shot at is a mith.....it never happened........the papers would have been all over it in a heart beat.
It was not on any shooting forums.
There was no Police event number generated in relation to a complaint or investigation.

The Police would have swarmed over the area.
Being state forest it would have been a hot topic in parliament. Again nothing.

The old saying pops up here again...........no name no flame.

So again to all the members that are a bit worried or frightened about being shot at.
There has never been a reported shooting or persons being shot at in any state forest in NSW in recent times......Or since state forest was formed.

Conservation shooters (Game council R licence holders) have never had an incident since there formation in about 2005 or there abouts.

I wish it would stop as it is just a scare monger attempt to keep fossickers out of state forests.....possibly by persons that are prospecting illegally
Hope this reasures.
Cheers
TheSmithy....!

Well said Smithy, the same goes for those who have their own "bit of veggie gold" planted in some forests, the last thing they want is to draw attention to themselves and would do almost anything to remain anonymous.

there was a doco on ABC or SBS about 7 months ago where farmers were discussing the problem of amateur shooters who were trespassing , shooting cattle for fun and firing at anything that moved

bullet holes in the lounge room walls of one home were pointed out .

its not " old school shooters " who are the problem

its dukc munts from the city who watched too many John Wayne movies

if its illegal now i better check with my neighbour who mentioned he goes shooting at nundle , up behind the road that passes the cemetery or something ?

Headsup,
It is not illegal to shoot or hunt on private land as long as you have written permission from the land owner...and carry said letter on your person.

Nundle has always had an issue with illegal hunting shooting and spotlighting......?
This is the mentality of the issue............my Dad shot there all his life So i can too.
These people aren't the issue as they are local farm workers etc.
Every one knows them......you will never have trouble from them...as it's all about stealth.

It's the poachers that are the issue......never reported as the cockeys / farmers deal with them in there own special way

It is ok for the Farmers to fire a pot shot over there head if they catch them on there land........why is this ok........!
Well who are the poachers going to tell....certainly not the local sergeant.

That is the problem these poachers have destroyed it for us all.......legal hunter/fossickers/fishermen
Campers/4x4 enthusiasts the list goes on.

Access to private land is getting nearly impossible due to this situation.

Is there an answer
No

Cheers TheSmithy.

If there is an answer it won't be an easy one to find or implement

The problem is partly a younger generation who "just have no idea" , did they miss out on parenting / bonding time out in the bush ? Maybe.

Did they spend all their free time playing Xbox and play station while life passed them by and so never learnt to live as a human being amongst real people ? Maybe

Or was their intellect never nurtured by positive interaction with adults in their life , leaving their only learning potential to be 6 hours a day sitting in front of a TV which taught them to switch off their brain and leave it that way ? Maybe

I have seen f*****t shooters while out in the bush , unfortunately they come from all walks of life ~ in the city , not all of them from x-stereotype suburb . But ~ I don't want to be misinterpreted to be a racist
:/

Wish there was a fix

the problem is no guidance and no experience I have hunted farms only I go after foxes killing peoples chooks and ducks good laws make it hard for shooters you have to shoot into the ground so missed shots will not fly of and hurt people I do not like hunting in forest they should be closed for hunting days not just every day make it safe for people to enjoy but most people with license will never do any thing wrong it is the people with out license that are trouble but some one needs to deal with the wild dogs or no one will be able to go into the bush with out a gun and that will be sad day packs of wild dogs are more likely to hurt some one than licensed gun holder and we all know the government will not do the job :)

Latest posts