Random discussion about, Nundle, Goats, Shooting and Hi-Vis

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gavfromoz

Gav
Reaction score
Looks like I'm 95% sorted now, AT Pro should be here late next week, then practice time on the beaches and 1st real outing might just be the Nundle Trip if all goes well.
I need to get the experience, can't stay as green as all the time. Should I be wearing a "P" plate or "L" plate on my back up there? :D :D :D

gavfromoz said:
Looks like I'm 95% sorted now, AT Pro should be here late next week, then practice time on the beaches and 1st real outing might just be the Nundle Trip if all goes well.
I need to get the experience, can't stay as green as all the time. Should I be wearing a "P" plate or "L" plate on my back up there? :D :D :D

no L plate but maybe an orange flouro vest if you're in a bush location where shooters go

I've definitely got one of them in my kit, I think it was the first thing I had lol.

I have a flouro vest and beany which I use up in the Nundle pine forest, some of the scrub up that way is designated shooting ground so you need to be careful.

I agree, especially after watching the video of that bloke who allegedly got shot at, drew fire unto himself or whatever the reason was, could have been close but it's a fact that it can be risky when we play in their playground too.

That's it mate, if you see a shooter the best you can do is give them a friendly wave, if they point the gun at you, you better run like the wind blows :lol:

Nugget said:
I have a flouro vest and beany which I use up in the Nundle pine forest, some of the scrub up that way is designated shooting ground so you need to be careful.

i have seen wide brimmed hats that have a wide flouro band around them which i will try to find to go with my orange vest

There are times when i dont shave for a week and bear a close resemblance to a goat which isnt wise if fossicking in goat country

I need to get one of those hats, it's getting way to hot for the beany. And It's definitely not a good idea to resemble a goat out in the bush, maybe you could tie some flouro ribbon around your goatee? :lol:

Gav, the other option is to pull your camera out and start filming them, but we all know how that one ends :rolleyes:

Oh yeah lol, did that before and still got an AK slug in my shoulder but don't worry, the favour was returned several times :D This time I'll just wave and smile nicely

Nugget said:
I need to get one of those hats, it's getting way to hot for the beany. And It's definitely not a good idea to resemble a goat out in the bush, maybe you could tie some flouro ribbon around your goatee? :lol:

flouro ribbon ?

nah dont be silly ;)

just go to the hairdressers and get them to dye my beard flouro green and a flouro orange stripe up the back of my head

that would scare the hell out of magpies in dive bombing season too

would it look silly ? ... nah :p

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Hi-Visib...13?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item46128189bd

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3M-7187-...20940877253?pt=AU_ISafety&hash=item4ab99125c5

these hats have good neck cover to reduce heat stroke but i would prefer orange instead of green

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mens-Saf...791?pt=AU_Men_Accessories&hash=item2321c81bbf

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mens-Eye...d=100005&prg=1088&rk=2&rkt=5&sd=150890617791&

whats your opinion guys n girls , would red or green stand out more in the bush ?

WA dessert i would say flouro green any day , Daintree anything but green , NSW and VIC maybe orange or red ?

Hi Nugget, me and my 2 boys 7 and 9 years have recently got into fossicking and we are enjoying it very much....keeps them off the bloody ipads and crap. I have taken them up to Nundle last weekend and panned a few specks of flour out of the creek behind the caravan park...they were wrapped and now planning our next trip. We live near Cessnock and have been taking to some old timers who recon there was talk of gold in the creek at wollombi, have you ever looked at that area?

Just bought a little EZ Sluice that you talk about...man it looks bigger on the website but cant wait to use it.

hey stop picking on shooters I am one as well as we have political party that is pushing back against greens trying to stop out door fun we should ask them to get some new places opened up for us I think they will be happy to help us remember the enemy of our enemy is our friend just an idea worth looking into as they hold balance of power here in nsw :) they could get it done easy :p

HeadsUp said:
Nugget said:

i have seen wide brimmed hats that have a wide flouro band around them which i will try to find to go with my orange vest

There are times when i dont shave for a week and bear a close resemblance to a goat which isnt wise if fossicking in goat country

Thats funny headsup. If i ever run in to a goat wearing his vis hat i will know its you, LOL. :lol: On the serious note i would not even think of that. Better safe than with a bullet up you back side. Maybe wearing a camo stuff in the bush is not the best idea.

parkerschnabel said:
Hi Nugget, me and my 2 boys 7 and 9 years have recently got into fossicking and we are enjoying it very much....keeps them off the bloody ipads and crap. I have taken them up to Nundle last weekend and panned a few specks of flour out of the creek behind the caravan park...they were wrapped and now planning our next trip. We live near Cessnock and have been taking to some old timers who recon there was talk of gold in the creek at wollombi, have you ever looked at that area?

Just bought a little EZ Sluice that you talk about...man it looks bigger on the website but cant wait to use it.

Welcome aboard PS.

Nundle's a great place. Take a look at our events section as we have a Nundle trip coming up on the 25th https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewforum.php?id=64

I know what you're saying about the size of the EZ Sluice, but they are designed for portability and use in low flowing streams, which is perfect for Nundle really.

I've heard similar talk about about gold near wollombi but haven't looked into it a great deal.

many of us will be walking a long the sides of farms it makes sense to be easily seen as farming has many dangers :)