Quote Of The Day

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
" Pecunia non olet" - Money Does not Stink.
Phrase made famous by Emperor Nero and Vespasian during 1st Century AD.
Urine was a valuable resource as it was used in cleaning clothes, tanning and bleaching of fabrics like wool and leather and also used as a mouthwash and when pumice powder was added it was a very good toothpaste so much so that it was still used until the late 1700's. The best urine was imported from Portugal as it had a higher chlorine rating. In Roman times, the peasants would empty their night pots into very large pots placed at various places around the town. The product became so popular that Nero put a tax on it.
Well maybe i should not have mentioned the tax bit because the pollies will be onto that quick smart.
Cheers
Mackka

Ah mate you have hit the nail on the head in one foul swoop. Yet today i was reading an article about using urine to further the growth of plants as a fertilizer. As young boys and not so young, we would always pop out the back behind the shed and relieve ourselves on the Lemon Tree (Oh so pretty and the lemon flower is sweet but the fruit of the poor lemon is impossible to eat, " Peter, Paul and Mary") and it would grow beautiful lemons, so maybe there is something in this after all.
Mackka

Dave's Office said:
That's a beauty Mackka, that could well wipe out the Covid deficit, and maybe with the shortage of beer up north they could recycle the urine from some of us old pisspots and label it Northern Gold then supply it as an election sweetener. :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave's Office said:
That's a beauty Mackka, that could well wipe out the Covid deficit, and maybe with the shortage of beer up north they could recycle the urine from some of us old pisspots and label it Northern Gold then supply it as an election sweetener. :lol:
Isn't that how FoureX is made. It didn't sell when they called it Piss so they changed the label to XXXX.

We have had a little tree which probably grew from bird poo at the north end of our front deck and ir had just sat there for years and years. One night when i was out there i just couldn't hang on and had to water the tree and very soon after the blasted thing took off like a chinese rocket it has tripled in size in 4 yrs and still gets fed occasionally by moi. Apparently it is very good for gardens -full of nutrients-which i heard on the ABC radio last weekend.
:beer:

Dave79 said:
Dave's Office said:
Isn't that how FoureX is made. It didn't sell when they called it Piss so they changed the label to XXXX.

Heard a story years ago there was a boutique brewery in Melbourne that made a beer called Piss....the light version was called Piss Weak :) :) :)

1643841831_272890852_5054720544548629_4780322133237601381_n.jpg

Latest posts