Quick MacKirk Sluicing Video

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all,

Adam, good to see your Angas Mackirk sluice working, i've got a Angas Mackirk Predator 111 coming soon :) he puts out some good kit, which is reasonably priced and seems to work quite well.

Jim & Kerrie

Great vid there Adam...and some nice size for that Eldorado area. :eek: Keep that gold flowin' mate. Good luck on the next hunt... Cheers Wal. :)

Well done Adam,
Eldorado would be a nice place to go if it wasn't for the work committments.
Brad...

Nice vid mate.
Makes me want to go for a dig!

Adam, I only classify to 1/2" (Bucket sieve) for my little Explorer with no probs. Clears fine.
Takes less time to classify, less chance to lose any better pickers etc.

Syndyne said:
Great job on the vid Adam!

I'm a big fan of the AM sluices myself.

I converted our AM Boss into a nice little highbanker. You can take look at the thread I just posted here on the forums: https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=902

Cheers and best of luck!
Shauno.

That thing looks like a beast. I've often thought of trying to do the same thing with mine but never knew where to start. How does it go with shakes and vibrations from shoveling straight in the top? I always wondered how it'd handle all the bumps and knocks of being used as a high banker.

Adam

Hi Adam,

It's actually quite stable. The locking sections are quite tight when it's together and as with most highbankers, once you get a small tailings pile around the back legs, it's as solid as a rock. The only issue I need to address (in the coming weeks) is the addition of a small piece of rubber or aluminum underneath the mesh section of the boiler box that will guide the gravel wash and water more evenly against the centre rear blocked off section of the sluice/slick plate. This will stop that initial water cutoff and subsequent flush that builds up when I throw a full shovel of wash into it. It hasn't been bad enough to shift the gold out of the riffles but I'd feel safer with it in place. Most of the larger gold pieces we just pulled straight off the back plate before clean out. Those sluices seem to hold it there really well! :)

I'll detail that addition in the thread as soon as I have it in place.

Kindest regards,
Shauno.

Thanks for all the replies folks! I'm pretty new at this whole video making caper but its a bit of fun and I hope the videos are helpful to other new comers to the wonderful past time of prospecting.

Shauno I'd be keen to see how it goes that thing looks fantastic.

Cheers
Adam

Latest posts