Quad sled detecting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Distance to the coil is important, I've read suggestions of upto 3m behind Quad to reduce false signals. The coil needs to be mounted on a sheet of rubber/nylon skid so it doesn't snag sticks and rocks etc. skid needs to be drawn up at the front so you can drive over logs.

Also need a flag/marker system that a second person places on the signal so your not stopping every couple of meters. If your in the desert a gps would be better coz' the distance you can cover is far greater.

I looked into this before I sold the quad' Best flag marker i could come up with is a poly tube full of fluro golf balls or tennis balls' A tug on a cord releases 1 ball to roll back to the target later recovered buy GPS pin pointing' day on the bike day off the bike to give the blisters on the poor hands a spell.
Draging a short chain under each foot rest will mark a bit more accurately where the wheels have been and getting the conveyor belt closest to the bike possible allows you to get around trees and larger shrubs without getting off and draging it around things.

A diesel quad is the better alternative otherwise a anti interference coil is nearly a must.

I read a post on another forum about two blokes using posties and dragging 25" nugget finders but I can't find it now...

Hi looking to contact person who had electrical work done on Quad Polaris. Remember reading how a switch was put in to stop alternator charging? Any help would be great. Thanks Kooka

Latest posts