Quad Runflat tyres

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anybody used Runflat Tyres on their Quad ?
Heading out bush end March and not keen on a flat tyre klm from camp.
I carry compressor and puncture repair kit.
Sidewall damage is very likely
Possibly could run a higher ply rated tyre
Cheers

Personally would just make sure your running 6 ply min with a spare at camp. Haven't seen much that can't be plugged enough to get you home and in worst case just pack it full of grass will do the job. Easier if your buggy or quad has square tyre set up, otherwise you need two spares. Suggest have a new spare regardless as nothing is more of a piss off than a day or two in and you shred a tyre. :mad:

Personally would just make sure your running 6 ply min with a spare at camp. Haven't seen much that can't be plugged enough to get you home and in worst case just pack it full of grass will do the job. Easier if your buggy or quad has square tyre set up, otherwise you need two spares. Suggest have a new spare regardless as nothing is more of a piss off than a day or two in and you shred a tyre. :mad:

Thank Bogger ,
Not a square setup,but couple spares maybe the the go.
Cheers

No problem and yes spares are really the only way to make sure your not going to end up with a quad you can't use regardless of how good the boots you fit to it. I had an eight ply with a puncture at 25K from fitting it. :rolleyes: Some quads only come with 2 ply fitted as standard.

Do you want some spares?
All 6 ply
2 x 26-9-14
2 x 26-11-14
Done 5km (dealer delivery)
only want 1/4 new price
pm if interested.

Attachments

• IMG_9804.jpeg
    IMG_9804.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9803.jpeg
    IMG_9803.jpeg
    6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9802.jpeg
    IMG_9802.jpeg
    5.7 MB · Views: 0
Do you want some spares?
All 6 ply
2 x 26-9-14
2 x 26-11-14
Done 5km (dealer delivery)
only want 1/4 new price
pm if interested.

Pitty they don't fit the little Honda 90. Sandra needs new tyres but they haven't been available.

Her quad is about five years old and mine must be three and we still run the original 2pr tyres. They do the job exceptionally well as long as you inflate them correctly. All get pumped to 2.5psi, no more. She has had a heap of GG's go through hers over the years and one puncture on something as big as a pencil but all were repaired on the go. I've had one small puncture on the spot between tread and sidewall that just took one plug a long time ago and I've had an annoying small leak in one front one that I thought I found but it still goes down after a couple of weeks.

I had heavy rear tyres on the Suzuki before the Honda and it rode like a dray. I won't do that again. The original soft tyres are half of the reason the bike handles the bumps and corrugations so well. I do my best to avoid burned wattle but otherwise I just point it at the direction I need to go and the tyres take it all.

Pitty they don't fit the little Honda 90. Sandra needs new tyres but they haven't been available.

Her quad is about five years old and mine must be three and we still run the original 2pr tyres. They do the job exceptionally well as long as you inflate them correctly. All get pumped to 2.5psi, no more. She has had a heap of GG's go through hers over the years and one puncture on something as big as a pencil but all were repaired on the go. I've had one small puncture on the spot between tread and sidewall that just took one plug a long time ago and I've had an annoying small leak in one front one that I thought I found but it still goes down after a couple of weeks.

I had heavy rear tyres on the Suzuki before the Honda and it rode like a dray. I won't do that again. The original soft tyres are half of the reason the bike handles the bumps and corrugations so well. I do my best to avoid burned wattle but otherwise I just point it at the direction I need to go and the tyres take it all.
MB rough ride with heavy ply is a problem with the light weight quads. Mostly 500 & 750 quads up here and usually loaded with rider (sometimes x 2) five dogs and fencing gear. The 90 cc might struggle a little 😃 Mustering ? They literally get hammered as on the chase you just have to go thru what ever. FNQ found even thorns were punching thru the 2 ply. The rocks ripping out side walls is probably biggest issue, last tyre order was sixteen tyres :rolleyes:

Anybody used Runflat Tyres on their Quad ?
Heading out bush end March and not keen on a flat tyre klm from camp.
I carry compressor and puncture repair kit.
Sidewall damage is very likely
Possibly could run a higher ply rated tyre
Cheers
We've ran them for 2-3yrs now,there great,still get staked every now and then but they are run flat,you can plug them when back at camp later,i still carry a compressor and plugs though.
These are the Sun f 12 plys,only drawback is they ride a bit harsher and they suck in sand,they don't bulge out even at 0 pressure,can't have ya cake and eat it to i suppose.....

Mate hands down do not go past SunF Scorpions (Bike tyre city Perth) I have had these for years on my Canam a bit lower profile than the original tyres but when I first fitted them. I would repair them for no gain, somtimes I have done 12-15 patches as I use it like a bulldozer, just live with the tyres having no air in them and lose maybe 40mm of height but drive over anything you want I have had no air in my tyres for at least 2 years and load it up as its a dual seater with equipment and plough through anything. Expensive at $400 per donut but best monet ever spent after I had to do a 30km trip with a front flat as my glue was past its date! Farked up the rest of the week!

Plenty of room for some more gear on there jim 😂
Good luck this this year with ya plans,some of us have to keep working 😩
Yeah the sun f's are tough,no argument there....

Latest posts