QLD - ESK

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldjug

justin hoope
Reaction score
HI TO ALL.
HAS ANYONE EVER TRIED SEARCHING AROUND THE ESK AREA NW OF BRISBANE?

G'day Goldjug. When you click on the link Goldpick has mentioned you'll find my site name splattered all over it. The 7 mile diggings is about as far south as I have got. A lot of areas south of here are in the forestry or are on private land. As I tell anyone who cares to listen, the 7 mile still produces the odd good bit of gold just that there is a lot of dirt mixed with it and this means a fair bit of work to extract the gold from it (apparently way to much for a lot of people). This link also shows some nuggets found there something I haven't found myself yet. Keep an eye out for sapphires as well. A good high banker is a must here as the country is granite (apparently the gold leached from the granite and not from the quartz) so there is a high content of sand in the wash. I've split the diggings into two, the top half which is where these nuggets were found and the bottom half which is below were the top half creek runs into Yarraman creek.
To get to the bottom you'll have to take the old cob and co track down until it intersects with Yarraman creek. I must mention here that all tracks after the car park area are 4wd only. The car park area is at the very top of the diggings were's there's an old car. I'll try and get a mud map happening.
:) Mick

Thanks for that GOLDPICK AND AXEMAN, I WILL TAKE A LOOK OUT THERE.

I HAVE A GU PATROL WAGON IT IS STANDARD BUT IT HAS TAKEN ME 'SO FAR' EVERYWHERE I HAVE WANTED TO GO. THE BEST THING ABOUT OLD CARS, I DONT CARE ABOUT PIN STIPING, HELL I HAVE OWNED IT FOR 4 YEARS HAVENT WASHED IT YET.

Latest posts