Property on Oallen Ford

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi meatygold...beautiful neck of the woods you have there! :cool: I rarely get to the Forde these days but my mate Ken...aka... 7.62marksman.... lives in Nowra and regularly visits there. He is a lovely bloke and you'll find him a wealth of knowledge when it comes to getting the yellow! :Y: He is easily I.D'D by his White Toyota Hilux...(the Turtle) as it is affectionally known as!...he is usually accompanied by his Lady ...aka...FireandIce!...I highly recommend you send him a personal message and arrange to meet him...a nicer chap you would never meet.Not sure if you need your 10 posts before you can message us...but if so , then post away and then the Members Section will open for you...that's where you can converse with all us old diehards :playful:

Interesting. :)
Thinking about going up there soon.
Also got to go see my nephew. : :cool:

Give us a shout if you do come up Doug...I'll be up for a bit of a pan...if only for a few hours! :p Not setup for a camp as yet...making a few mods to the Van Demon :cool: but it would be great to catch up with you...and Meatygold...and 7.62...

Hi guys I'm in Shoalhaven area also, very fine gold around the Shoalhaven as most of the gold is from acient reefs that have broken down, starting all the way up around Big badger near cooma. I don't know as much as marksman but happy to show you some spots where I get gold. Drop me a message over Chrissy ?

Hey Tarth do you like fishing? I'm in Ulladulla
And love chasing snapper. If you're keen one day drop by . Well go get a feed

Meatygold, I'd imagine you might find some new BFF's here :playful:

I dream of living beside a gold-bearing creek or river. I'm not far away from the stuff in most directions from here, but I'd imagine it would not take me too long to end up a bit like old Spur if I lived on the river.

1545260331_6029_3.jpg

Hi MeatyGold,

Planning to head down Oallen on the 11th, for a bit of a pan with the family.

No where near as experienced and the guys all mentioned above but always happy to run into people enjoying the same hobbies.

If your about feel free to say Hi. likely be under the bridge depending how busy it is there.

Scott

Drove over Oallen Bridge at 1045pm last night. Didn't see any partying going on so I thought best to let sleeping prospectors lie. They were probably up with dawn getting into it today. :)

Haha, I was down there on Friday, was a nice day.

Few people setting up camp for the weekend (parties from what the told me)

a couple of guys prospecting though.

Have to admit wasn't as i have had in the past.. less specs then i normally see in my pan :)
maybe i just wasn't trying hard enough.

Has any one given the exposed bed rock area up river a look ?
i walked up and did a little bit of one crevice got a couple specs.

Latest posts