Portland

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A mate of mine has moved over to Portland. Does anyone know the area at all? Things to do and see, closeby to portland etc
Any info on fossils, gold or gems much appreciated but I don't think much is avail. Pretty sure he mentioned some petrified wood yesterday
Cheers

AtomRat said:
A mate of mine has moved over to Portland. Does anyone know the area at all? Things to do and see, closeby to portland etc
Any info on fossils, gold or gems much appreciated but I don't think much is avail. Pretty sure he mentioned some petrified wood yesterday
Cheers

AT, Can't help with any of the above but he won't be short of Fish Crayfish and Scallops :( :( :( lucky bugger wish him all the best from me

Captn

Been fishin in Portland for 30 years and have a fishin shack there. Never heard of scallops being caught down there in any quantities. Must of missed something because I love the buggers. Was a member of the Portland game fishing club for a decade or more.
I know fossickers habituate the beaches after a strong blow as old sharks teeth and the like wash up on the beach !
Lots of colonial history in Portland with many fine buildings of gone by eras.

GT :)

Cheers heaps for the replies, just can't find much. Even after just something for him to do down that way, I guess he's got glenelg and ballarat / ararat sort of close and will meet him at mooralla in a while sometime too.

Cheers for that snippet of info on the teeth GT59, ill pass that on

Captn - he's only been there 3 days, not a fisherman but I think very quickly converting with his fresh surroundings. Already he's done some jetty fishing down the jetties and also off the rocks, catching his first brim or whiting of 8" long lol

Latest posts