Photographs using SAMSUNG S4 Negative function

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Kalgoorlie Gold

1403602915_gold_in_kalgoorlie_schist_1.png

1403602950_gold_in_kalgoorlie_schist_2.png

1403602969_gold_in_kalgoorlie_schist_3.png

Gold in my Vile

1403603009_gold_in_my_vile.png

Gold bearing ore with tallurides

1403603029_ore_with_tallurides.png

Gold Bearing Ore from Dittmer

1403603095_dittmer_gold_ore_1.png

1403603160_sphalerite_from_dittmer.png

This one is my large piece of sphalerite.

Chunks of Smoky Quartz bearing Gold from near Dittmer

1403603204_quartz_from_spot_near_dittmer.png

I made this observation while trying to photograph the gold to make sure the Gold is Gold: This function is on the Samsung S4s, there are two pieces of quartz there too, one photographs near black with the others is perfect milky white. Does anyone have ideas if this function is infact showing us the Gold?

Go to edit function of photos, then go to effects, then scroll along to the negative function, my understanding of a negative is the colours are eliminated? To me it looks like the gold is showing up in blue

Anything in the "yellow" part of the spectrum will change. .. Or I have gold bananas on my bench. ... But very handy in the field. Thanks for the observation I'll sure be using this.

colours and their negatives -:

Red - Cyan
Green - Magenta
Blue - Yellow
(the old colour wheels we learnt and school the negatives are directly opposite on the wheel more or less

The primary colours of light are cyan magenta and yellow combining the the three of them will give white light I would assume the negative function simply inverses the colours, and the density , so dark yellow will show up as light blue

the fact that it reflects light means it has colour, a camera sensor only interprets light, the reflected light from gold is yellow (ie. it absorbs all other colours) and therefore it's negative will be blue

GoldCheddar2005 said:
that means too that those blue spots probably are gold. It seems to be distinctive

It just means that the mineral you are looking at is reflecting light that is a consistent in its wave length to yellow light and so its negative is blue. Though it looks very cool and is a interesting find

Latest posts