Pet Warning !

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She is getting better . The USA product is called "Advandix 2" so im asuming we are getting the shite version ONE banned in the US , i have even googled and found class actions against them about this product.
I will screw them for every cent , im not that way inclined - but they are 100 % aware of what this crap is doing to Animals , its been stopped in the US BUT the grief it has caused my family in Australia isnt going to go untested . I felt like shite and other Aussies need to be protected from 2nd hand poison!! And vet bills plus potential death of their pets.

There's probably a government department that will investigate these products saving you the grief and cost. I'm glad your dogs on the mend it's pretty bad what's happened.
Jon

Bummer mate, next to my misses my dogs my best mate, mad as a cut snake, my nickname for him is loony tunes, but as loyal as they come. Too much crap on the market that does more harm than good.

I notice that there are a lot of fors and against's Garlic for dogs. The most important thing is the dosage.
Our Cocker Spaniel stole a piece of Capricossia Pizza and after a half an hour he went all lethargic and dopey. It lasted for about 4 hrs.
This reaction alone has put me off Garlic for dogs. Maybe it's the fresh garlic oil that does it or the fact that powdered garlic loses it's toxicity and doesn't affect the dog as much.
I am not prepared to use garlic and make my dog sick or possibly die.
Each to their own but i love my dog too much to risk it.
Cheers Jaros :p

Onions are definitely no go though strangely some meat rolls have garlic in them, also some of the processed dried meat and snacks are just as bad. Our Cairn Terrier X had a seizure after eating processed dried food, and after consulting the vet, we went back to locally sold preservative free dried meats & snacks, and he hasn't had an issue since then.

Makes you wonder about all the processed crap humans eat these days.

Awesome to know Tillys ok Garyo
I hate using anything on Brutus.
If you have a car lovers around close by,
I know its 10 bux but there dog wash has a flea and tick rinse.
I always give Brutus a wash a day or 2 before I go anywhere I am worried about and havnt had any problems.
I think its about 30bux a pop for the vet stuff so I guess its not to bad.

Well its taken a few days and she seems to be herself again. Ive Heard from Bayer and they denied their product caused it by quoting the vet who didnt believe the reaction would take 3 days . But they dismissed the the vet releasing my dog who said its very possible for treatment to spread and be absorbed over several days until it reached Tillies bodies threshold and the reaction occurred . They just pick the details that help protect the company.
The main thing she looks like being ok and i have hopefully helped spread the message and warnings about the potential effects of applying pest killer on our animals.
Thanks for everyones well wishes and support.
Gaz

Brutus and me said:
Awesome to know Tillys ok Garyo
I hate using anything on Brutus.
If you have a car lovers around close by,
I know its 10 bux but there dog wash has a flea and tick rinse.
I always give Brutus a wash a day or 2 before I go anywhere I am worried about and havnt had any problems.
I think its about 30bux a pop for the vet stuff so I guess its not to bad.

All this time I thought Brutus Was a dog :lol: I remember pushing a wheel burrow around the reef hills and meeting a guy with a little off sider called Brutus pretty clued up fellow he had a minelab 2100 with the batteries converted to lithium quite a nice bloke... ;)