Panning Creswick

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Took one of my disabled clients out looking for yellow yesterday. Had a great day despit the freezing hands. Started off with a little detecting, no gold but some interesting stuff to keep us happy.
Then we had a crack at some panning, the creek had been worked hard. In some spots it almost seemed that we were following right behind someone. First pan out of a nice crevice that had been half heartedly worked provided a couple of nice specks, second one out of the same crack had a few specks and a nice little nugget.
My client was over the moon, high fives everywhere. I'd forgotten to bring the vile down from the car so we decided to put them in the bottom of an empty bucket then fill with some stuff to be panned back at home. We got some more nice bits then it happened.....

He slipped on a rock and kicked the bucket in! I was spread legged mid pan so all I could do was watch as he fumbled with it and ended up holding it upside down over the creek. 99% of the creek was no more than a foot deep except for the shoulder deep hole he was holding it over. All I could do was laugh, he was shattered but it was gone forever.

I worked extra hard for the next hour or so to replace it for him and ended up with enough to put a smile back on his face!
Panned a couple of buckets at home in the kiddy pool, not heaps but the first time we've found some chunky stuff that actually makes a noise when you drop it in the pan so at least we're making some progress!

Happy hunting!

Do I have to host and resize pics or can I upload straight from my phone?
Cheers

1498787994_img_5409.jpg

Rhyno said:
Took one of my disabled clients out looking for yellow yesterday. Had a great day despit the freezing hands. Started off with a little detecting, no gold but some interesting stuff to keep us happy.
Then we had a crack at some panning, the creek had been worked hard. In some spots it almost seemed that we were following right behind someone. First pan out of a nice crevice that had been half heartedly worked provided a couple of nice specks, second one out of the same crack had a few specks and a nice little nugget.
My client was over the moon, high fives everywhere. I'd forgotten to bring the vile down from the car so we decided to put them in the bottom of an empty bucket then fill with some stuff to be panned back at home. We got some more nice bits then it happened.....

He slipped on a rock and kicked the bucket in! I was spread legged mid pan so all I could do was watch as he fumbled with it and ended up holding it upside down over the creek. 99% of the creek was no more than a foot deep except for the shoulder deep hole he was holding it over. All I could do was laugh, he was shattered but it was gone forever.

I worked extra hard for the next hour or so to replace it for him and ended up with enough to put a smile back on his face!
Panned a couple of buckets at home in the kiddy pool, not heaps but the first time we've found some chunky stuff that actually makes a noise when you drop it in the pan so at least we're making some progress!

Happy hunting!

Do I have to host and resize pics or can I upload straight from my phone?
Cheers

Good on you for giving some interesting activities to your client!

That areas worth another look eh?...remember the wet-suit next time and get your mates nuggets back ]:D ]:D ]:D

Welcome to the forum, and good luck with your newfound journey. :Y:

Glad you could uplift your clients spirits by finding more gold Rhyno. I have yet to find a skerrick of gold so your miles ahead of me.

Lined waterproof gloves may help the cold hands, K

Cheers guys, I've actually been spearfishing in clubs and competitively for years so I'm quite keen on getting into some sniping. Surely the guts of the creeks haven't been hit as hard as the banks.
Will have to invest in a new suit and gloves etc first, 5mm just won't cut it.
Does anyone on here do any sniping with a mask, wetty etc

Might head out Gippsland way tomorrow and have another crack. So bloody cold up there at the moment tho

Rhyno said:
Surely the guts of the creeks haven't been hit as hard as the banks.

Don't bet on it, most Vic creeks end up pretty low or dry once summer hits .... some of the bigger rivers may be different but then they're probably on a no go list.

Cheers T.