Ouch!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gday peoples,
Tripped over this forum by acident,as you do.
You seem like a fairly tight crew so I might just linger here for a while in the spare room out the back. ;)

Welcome to the forum Pro dude. Hope you find the forum an interesting read, and feel free to get involved with the many interesting conversations. Best of luck and look forward to sharing views and opinions within the forum threads.

Cheers Wal. :)

Hey Pro dude,

Hope you enjoy your trip here at the forum, hehehe, be sure to write.
All the best mate

:)

Thanks for the warm welcome fellas. :cool:
Will do my best to pass on any tips that I have picked up detecting the NSW fields in the last 13 yrs.
See you out there 8)

Hi produde

welcome .

do you have any favourite areas that you work ?

there are a few areas that members here are familiar with and post questions and answers on , its a learning curve for us all

I have played in WA , Shoalhaven River , Southern Highlands , and planning trips to central western NSW ( Sofala , Nundle , Bingara , Hill End etc )

interested to hear any thoughts or suggestions

best wishes

Gday Heads Up,
I dont have any real favorite areas mate,but usually Haunt the Central Western Goldfields.

Sofala: Still plenty of fine gold at locations along the river,but not much joy on the Nugget side of things. Expect to dig alot of junk if detecting around the diggings. Junk to Nugget ratio can be higher than 100/1.
PM me for a few good locations here to run your highbanker.

Hill End: Patches of Nuggets still turn up there but the deep junk might do your head (and body) in. All areas of Crown land are worth a look,but I reckon if your on a tight time budget,run a DD and you might ping a few. Same go`s for the Fossicking area at Tambaroora......

Hargraves: Like most of NSW,the best gold here is on private property. Still,If your as stubborn as a Mallee Bull, the area behind the Cricket ground in Louisia Creek has nuggets. Junk to gold ratio is Higher that 200/1,plenty of Snakes and Mossies,but if you ping one,IT WILL BE A BEAUTY. The lower reaches of Louisia creek has plenty of crevases that can produce good colour.

Stuart Town : The common has the most Junk I have ever seen,but I have scored small nuggets there. Highbanking best done in the lower reaches of Mookerwarra creek when there is enough water.

Never been to Nundle and the best nugget ground at Bingara is on private land.

Good luck out there.

welcome indeed, ProDude, that was good insight into those central west areas. Disappointing, though, as I was going to detect all around Sofala and Wattle Flat.

You'll have to speak with mbasko soon. He is local to you and is going to be active this year..

regs, Levy

Hi Pro Dude

Welcome!
I also stumbled onto this site.
Great forum, lots of friendly people and advice.

Goldie

Latest posts