one born everyday

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys,thought id share a funny story of a pump i brought off ebay last week! A honda he said, hardy used and brought as a fire fighter. Well i ran down to the bank to give my money away, excited about my new hobby. Well it was old looking and not a honda. Plus it did't work! Feeling very stupid i took my $500 piece crap to the tip. If life was'nt so serious we be
Laughing all the time. Well im off to Gloucester today to explore the copeland mine and pick up my new pump!

Copeland is in very rough rain forest and the old mines ect will be very difficult to access... There are not many places that the creeks can be accessed.. There is a mine there that charges admission for a look see when it is open.. 20 kms further up from Copeland has camping sites on the creek for I think $2 per day.. I don't know if they allow prospecting on their creek. I think it is called camp cobark.. And is on cobark creek... It is a really nice area to explore.. :)

dezman said:
Hi guys,thought id share a funny story of a pump i brought off ebay last week! A honda he said, hardy used and brought as a fire fighter. Well i ran down to the bank to give my money away, excited about my new hobby. Well it was old looking and not a honda. Plus it did't work! Feeling very stupid i took my $500 piece crap to the tip. If life was'nt so serious we be
Laughing all the time. Well im off to Gloucester today to explore the copeland mine and pick up my new pump!

Sad to hear you got shafted by a dodgy seller :(
1 week is not long enough to make an eBay dispute - or did you not bother with that?
I would have gone hard to get my $500 back... :mad:

My thoughts - @ $500 it's fair steep for a Honda in great condition.

Hope you haven't got disheartened with your new hobby - Carma will bite that seller on the bum.

Good luck exploring today & getting your new pump.
Looking forward to a report of some sorts.

Cheers - Marty

Bad luck about the pump but for $500 I would have taken it up with Ebay....not to worry..we bought two parts for our newly bought car that are no good. One was a cargo blind for our Captiva 7 from Ebay which only fits a Captiva 5 even though we checked the part number with a Holden Dealer and the other part is a cargo barrier which we bought from gumtree and the car we bought already had one so now we have two lol.....s--t happens ...good luck fossicking
Cheers Debra

Ag Man said:
dezman said:

Sad to hear you got shafted by a dodgy seller :(
1 week is not long enough to make an eBay dispute - or did you not bother with that?
I would have gone hard to get my $500 back... :mad:

My thoughts - @ $500 it's fair steep for a Honda in great condition.

Hope you haven't got disheartened with your new hobby - Carma will bite that seller on the bum.

Good luck exploring today & getting your new pump.
Looking forward to a report of some sorts.

Cheers - Marty

Thanks guys, nugget marty and debra. Not sure how to reply direct! I could thank the guy for i love this new honda aussie pump, light and quitet. Might call it stan after the crook. I let it go knowing it will only cause me stess worrying about it, really its a cheap lesson in life and im free to travel around prospeting for months. So at the end of the day living well is best revenge:)

dezman said:
Thanks guys, nugget marty and debra. Not sure how to reply direct! I could thank the guy for i love this new honda aussie pump, light and quitet. Might call it stan after the crook. I let it go knowing it will only cause me stess worrying about it, really its a cheap lesson in life and im free to travel around prospeting for months. So at the end of the day living well is best revenge:)

that is great attitude, dezman I'm sure karma will look kindly on you with a nice piece of yellow

Latest posts