Ol' School Prices.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
This popped up on another forum and I thought it might bring back a few memories for some. You may need to click on it to enlarge it.
1548805232_image.jpg

My memories of all that healthy school tucker are from 10 years prior to that list - same sort of goodies, but just a bit cheaper.

I had the job for a while of being the kid in the class who had to go and pick up the lunches at the tuckshop before the lunchtime rush and bring it all back to the classroom for collection by those who had pre-ordered. Of course I had to sample the occasional sausage roll or cake - only for quality control reasons and only those belonging to kids I didn't like. :lol:

Jeff

snafu said:
My memories of all that healthy school tucker are from 10 years prior to that list - same sort of goodies, but just a bit cheaper.

I had the job for a while of being the kid in the class who had to go and pick up the lunches at the tuckshop before the lunchtime rush and bring it all back to the classroom for collection by those who had pre-ordered. Of course I had to sample the occasional sausage roll or cake - only for quality control reasons and only those belonging to kids I didn't like. :lol:

Jeff

Ever thought about getting a job as an Uber eats driver? They do the same quality control tests! :playful:

I used to love the fresh salad rolls at Dandenong High School on a Monday as we didn't get fresh bread at home on a Monday in Noble Park. Bread and ice appeared on our brick gate post on Tuesdays. :) :inlove: :goldnugget:

Manpa said:
Pull the guts out of a bread roll and fill it with straws, Twisties or a sausage roll. Heaven! :D :D

Manpa my wife loves twisties in a roll, and if it ever came to making a choice between me or a twisty roll I think Id have to change my username to Paddington bear! :brokenh: :playful:

Manpa said:
Pull the guts out of a bread roll and fill it with straws, Twisties or a sausage roll. Heaven! :D :D

I saw Straws for 12 cents and thought that seemed a bit rich for a straw considering you could buy a sandwich for less. But I am guessing a Straw is not a straw that I am thinking of? Can one of you 'old' people enlighten me please? :playful:

Northeast said:
Manpa said:

I saw Straws for 12 cents and thought that seemed a bit rich for a straw considering you could buy a sandwich for less. But I am guessing a Straw is not a straw that I am thinking of? Can one of you 'old' people enlighten me please? :playful:

Im pretty sure ( and someone correct me if Im wrong) that a straw was one of those long shaped like a straw things that were filled with sherbet/ wiz fiss ? Im not sure but I think you can still buy them! Either way I recon that they tasted :poop:

"straw was one of those long shaped like a straw things that were filled with sherbet/ wiz fiss" Hmmmm, I do know what they are but surely you wouldn't fill a roll with that and eat it??? Maybe some would :D

Licking windows said:
Northeast said:
Manpa said:

Im pretty sure ( and someone correct me if Im wrong) that a straw was one of those long shaped like a straw things that were filled with sherbet/ wiz fiss ? Im not sure but I think you can still buy them! Either way I recon that they tasted :poop:

Nope, the straws you shoved in a bread roll were thin cut fries, potato straws,
1548824677_image.jpg