Nugget finder or coiltek

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
I have a Coiltek 11" Elite which has Cracking around the stem mounts, a known issue. Coiltek says because its out of the 2 year warranty they don't want to know about it. Its not had much use original skid plate. Nugget finder coils never a problem
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/threads/coiltek-cracking-issue-how-real-is-it.36026/
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/threads/cracks-on-coiltek-14-x-9-elite-coil.24687/

I had a Coiltek 14" Elite that I bought second hand with a GPX4500 from Queensland. I worked it hard each season and found a lot of gold. I loved that coil but it developed a fault where the top of the housing parted from the bottom where it's usually bonded. I repaired it with plumbers PVC cement but it failed again so I contacted Coiltek on this site and was told to send it back.

At this point the coil was at least four years old with no visible name label or serial number left. Within a week I had received a brand new 14" Elite and I happy to say it's another fabulous gold magnet. Thanks again Coiltek for the excellent after market service.

Preferences seem to come down to factors like the size and weight, configuration maybe durability of the coil and your confidence that they will find gold. I also have used all (Coiltek, Nugget Finder, and Minelab Commander) and found gold with all.
Over the years I often found I confused myself with a multiplicity of coils and now principally use only two of my favourites.
Big - A older three spoked open 16" round mono nugget finder with a full skid plate to prevent snagging.
Small - A Minelab Commander 8" round mono coil
I have confidence that they will both find gold and that is the important thing when deciding what coil is the best to use - confidence.

Last edited:
Opinions please. What coil do you think is better, a nugget finder or a coiltek?
Rohan from NF is so customer focused, if there's the slightest concern or warranty issue, he'll be there to help and will be resolved in days not weeks.
A Coiltek coil would have to yield outstanding results to swing me away from a top quality product & the unbelievable customer service that Rohan is renowned for.

Thanks everyone for your input, it’s just interesting to hear what you all have to say, I realise it’s a fairly broad question but it all helps none the less. Cheers. T.

Thanks everyone for your input, it’s just interesting to hear what you all have to say, I realise it’s a fairly broad question but it all helps none the less. Cheers. T.

Have had 3 coiltech coils, none were the latest elite models but all went bump sensative and the sheath on the cable crumbled off. Have had a nugget finder evo 17x13 for a few years and worked it hard and it's as good as the day I bought it. I bought it second hand. My advice, spend the extra money.

Latest posts