NSW newbie

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Hi all - had a look at the forum & decided to join. Been a member on a couple of others for awhile but like getting different info/advice - can't get too much of it.
Only been doing this for a short while - about 3 months. Currently mostly detecting at the moment with a Whites GMT. Have found a few small bits (0.12, 0.19 & 0.06 gram) with it & still learning as I go. Having a ball with it & enjoy just getting out & checking places out.
Have done some panning & have used the Gold Rush Nugget Bucket from the US with some success. Found some small gold both panning & using this bucket but not much yet. Will give it a better run when the weather warms up again & would also like to have a go at building my own highbanker over winter on those cold rainy days to fill in time.

Welcome to the forum mbasko, be keen to find out how you find this forum compares to the others you frequent. Glad your GMT is keeping the interest up by pinging a few rattlers, and look forward to hearing from you amongst the threads. Best of luck out there.

Cheers Wal. :)

WalnLiz said:
be keen to find out how you find this forum compares to the others you frequent.

Mate so far it is right up there with the info & help with any others. Like the layout & variety as well. Also like reading up on the variety of detectors being used by members - refreshing to hear some different perspectives rather than ML all the time. Lots of info not just for gold chasers but coin & relic hunters too. I am mainly interested in gold but also have an interest in old coins (have a collection of about 112 coins dating back to 1896) & always interested to see what relics people have found so will be checking that part of the forum out as well.

Hasn't taken me long to work out that a great source of info & help on here is yourself. Kudos to you for taking the time to help so many members.

Like your highbanker design & if time permits over winter might try to knock one out in time for spring/summer (or sooner if I get real keen). You've got me sold on the design vs. the away facing hopper set up after catching that nice sapphire & nugget in one of your movies.

Thanks to all for the welcome & hopefully I may be able to add something useful to the forum also.
Cheers Matt

Thanks Matt,

Great to hear your early opinion of the forum is so positive. There's Many members on here willing to share their collective experience, in an endeavor to share the positive aspects of the prospecting game.

Everybody has to start at the beginning and the learning curve for many beginners can be quite broad. There are many forums who fail to take this into account. Many "Newby's" lose interest before they even begin, and in doing so, miss out on what could have been some of the greatest experiences of their lives.

Hope you gain much positive feedback here, and best of luck out there in the paddock.

Cheers Wal :)

Latest posts