Nothing better!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1571728544_3762be49-a0e9-4781-b411-7d82fceea0cf.jpg

Camping the night in Whipstick very simple! . Im really struggling with noise on my gpx4500 though think the ground is extremely hot. Any advice? Tried running normal but that was out of the question lol

VicGoldHunter said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...8544_3762be49-a0e9-4781-b411-7d82fceea0cf.jpg

Camping the night in Whipstick very simple! . Im really struggling with noise on my gpx4500 though think the ground is extremely hot. Any advice? Tried running normal but that was out of the question lol

Great advice from both these guys, definitely enhanced, keep volume limit and target volume as low as possible but that depends on your headphones. I use Grey Ghosts and have target volume usually on about 5 and volume limit on 1 or if it's windy 2 but no higher.

The other thing is your coil. What coil are you using? The original 11" Commander mono coil is an excellent choice for noisy conditions. I get on alright with the 14" Coiltek Elite but some of these so called advanced coil designs will drive you up the wall when the going gets tough. If you still can't quieten it down switch to the Commander 11" DD.

There's nothing much better than the GPX-4500.

Moneybox said:
VicGoldHunter said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...8544_3762be49-a0e9-4781-b411-7d82fceea0cf.jpg

Great advice from both these guys, definitely enhanced, keep volume limit and target volume as low as possible but that depends on your headphones. I use Grey Ghosts and have target volume usually on about 5 and volume limit on 1 or if it's windy 2 but no higher.

The other thing is your coil. What coil are you using? The original 11" Commander mono coil is an excellent choice for noisy conditions. I get on alright with the 14" Coiltek Elite but some of these so called advanced coil designs will drive you up the wall when the going gets tough. If you still can't quieten it down switch to the Commander 11" DD.

There's nothing much better than the GPX-4500.
Moneybox
I am extremely surprised to read that you run volume limit at 1 or if its windy 2.
Arent you clipping the audio signal to the extreme where you wont here the difference in target size and depth?
Id appreciate your explanation of why you do this.
Cheers

Latest posts