NEWSFLASH - Nugget finds Nugget

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After shifting a boulder only slightly smaller than Ayers Rock and Walbanking enough material to fill Sydney Harbour, Nugget has proved that Nundle is not an aboridiginal word meaning "no gold" by finding a nugget at least half the size of a pin head. A further update and photos should be provided by the man himself this evening, if he can bear to leave the site of glorious find.

Good work mate! Looking forwarded to the pics!

I am thinking that Nundle needs to dug down as deep as you can possibly get and if you can make bedrock that's where the real gold will lie, to go where no man or woman is prepared to work.

Was is at the spot Daniel and you worked?

At one of the easily accessable areas from the road with a very hard bedrock band. Nuggett may have photos showing the spot.

Someone said Nugget got GOLD 8) I will not believe it until I see a picture this so called Nugget . Well done on the biggest Find Known to man in Modern Times :)

It wasn't my first gold but still great to see a bit of colour in the pan, I'm thinking OZDigger may have over-dramatised it just a tad :lol:. Now for the real announcement, Nugget finds bugger gold after OZDigger went home :p. I'll weigh it up and post a pic tomorrow as I'm absolutely buggered at the moment.

Thanks again mate for taking us on that crazy mountain adventure and providing copious amounts of fire wood once again. I'll shout you a coffee at the Nundle shop next time I'm in town, they tell me it's the best :D

All gold is good gold and by the sounds of the company,the crazy mountain and free firewood it was a memorable experience. The real gold is always the anticipation and the adventure. Hope the spot continues to produce for you.

Cheers Wal.

Well done Nuggett, the gold will just keep coming. I panned a fast running mountain stream for a few hours over the Easter holiday period and surprised myself by picking up 20 odd small flattened specs. :) cheers

OZDigger said:
After shifting a boulder only slightly smaller than Ayers Rock and Walbanking enough material to fill Sydney Harbour, Nugget has proved that Nundle is not an aboridiginal word meaning "no gold" by finding a nugget at least half the size of a pin head. A further update and photos should be provided by the man himself this evening, if he can bear to leave the site of glorious find.

Great post OZDigger.
It was an awesome weekend and the real gold was the company over the weekend.
Thanks Nugget, Daniel and OZDigger. Special mention to my lovely lady Marg.

Latest posts