Newbie from the Wimmera

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayson

Jayson
Reaction score
Hi All,

Just a quick introduction.
I live in the heart of the Wimmera and have far too many hobbies already, so a mate took me to Deep Lead last weekend to try my hand at gold panning,
now I may have another hobby. (he knew that would happen)

Only found 6 tiny specs in 6 hours but loved every minute of it.
I guess the secret is to process as much material as possible so I've decided the next logical step is to build a High-Banker and have settled on Wals version.
Not much water around here though but hopefully that will change this year.

Like many things, I'm sure this is going to be a very steep learning experience.

Off to read some more.

Cheers,

Jayson

Welcome to the forum mate, probably heading in the right direction for finding some color as it tends to die off further north west towards little desert and such. 6 specks is better than nothing and we all start somewhere :D if there's not much water and you can get the soil / sands dry on a tarp in the sun say, you may want to check out dry washers too.

I have been looking at the dry washers, another tool to add to the collection. I like having to make something so I can do something else, it keeps life interesting.
Also thanks for the welcome, I can see I've got a lot of reading to do but it is going to be a fun journey.

Thank you Jaros.

Such a wealth of information to be found on here.
It is a little over whelming the amount of knowledge and experience that seems to be all in one place.
It should make it easier to get answers though as I'm sure someone has seen or done it before.
I just need to remember to go out and try things every once in a while instead of just looking at the forums :)

Latest posts