Newbie from SEQ

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys I'm from the Caboolture area, I'm new to the world of gold panning and I found my first speck of gold last week at Gympie. Gold fever has already set in :D

I'm thinking about buying a metal detector to help with my search for the yellow stuff, I've done a bit of research and I'm leaning towards a Fisher gold bug pro, does anyone know where I can purchase one new or used.

I'm in narangba if wanna come gympie this weekend u r welcome to got a high banker n panning gear

I'll have a chat with the missus when she gets home, we're in the process of moving to Gympie so we might be up that way on Saturday looking at houses

howdy mate . I live near noosa and have been to gympie a couple times . Not much to show for it. Sent a email off to the rangers in the Imbil area afew years ago as to where i could fossick and was surprised when they responded with plenty of areas ,was years ago so better check with them to see if still ok.