Newbie...Central Coast/Newcastle area

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I have recently moved to the Central Coast a few months ago from QLD, and was looking to catch up with some fellow dectorists in
the Central Coast/Newcastle areas for a hunt sometime.Currently being using a Minelab Xterra 705 for the past few years, and love it!

Cheers Tim

Welcome to the forum timbo80 , you will enjoy the association with forum members . I'm in Victoria but I'm sure when the guys in your area finish their weekend prospecting they will respond to your post .

Cheers
goldrat

Welcome Timbo.
I'm afraid you are too late. Nothing more to be found around Newy. :D Too many people detecting.
I reckon we have more detectorists per square kilometre than anywhere else in Australia. ;)

There is stuff to be found Ramjet, just takes real skills that you are yet to master!
Another local, welcome to Newy, its been smashed, but look where others havent, and detect where others havent done a good job (places like Maitland...Ramjet's turf).
;)

timbo80 said:
Thanks for all of the advice lads, I'm sure I will run into some of you in the future

I'll let you know Ramjet if I happen to score any goodies in Maitland ;)

You can have the goldies. I prefer the older finds. :D If you are over Maitland way give me a shout out. We may be able to have a dig.

Sorry Ivo, won't be able to get there during the week as I've got a big week in Sydney this week. Next time for sure

Ramjet, I chase the older stuff myself and If I happen to score a goldie its beer money ;) I'm thinking of coming up to the Hunter in a few weeks time, I'll let you know

if it happens.