New WA bush motorbike

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jed

Jed Bartlett
Reaction score
Thought I would share my search to get a new, cheap-ish WA bush motorbike - just in case others are thinking about getting one.

Just about to head to WA for a month & decided to get a reliable bush motorbike with fat tyres for those Kimberley sandy creek beds.
After much research I decide to go with the same 125cc motorbike that Wal & Liz took to WA last year - the Skyteam Trex (Chinese made of course!)

1439552799_jed_yellow_trex.jpg

Wal & I both bought our Trex's from the local Canberra dealer who did some minor reliability upgrades for the WA bush.

You can contact Michael via https://www.facebook.com/skyteamcanberra

Also bought this bike rack (again same as Wal's :)) to carry the 100kg Trex on my old Nissan GU Patrol towbar (Hayman Reece)
http://motow.com.au/index.php?route=product/product&path=1&product_id=11

Any Qs please revert or PM me.

Cheers
Jed

that's a rippa mate, skyteam make some cool little monkey bikes.

its a copy of the old rv 90-125cc Suzuki.

might want to change the tyres as I have been told their not that flash, maybe change the oil too after a few hours.

should be happy with that, cheap, reliable, fun bike.

enjoy ya holiday. :)

I saw Wals one in his amethyst plate vid..look like little rippas! I doubt my 6'6" skeleton can hang off its little frame..I'd look like a clown lol
Wtf..numpty..go to bed its nearly 4...:p

you would be fine on this AR, I have Honda 50's and have a few mates over 6'0 and ride ride em too..... on the road rego of course.

yeah I was think'n the same thing when I clicked on new posts and your reply came up haha..... yep bed time!

Thx for the tyres & oil tips Numpty - looking forward to using it :cool:
You guys must be night time prospectors with the hours that you keep :)
cheers
Jed

Should work well for you Jed and might even be useful back in Bugtustle when you get back. :D

Yes Chewy - if I buy anymore kit for WA I will exceed my Patrol GVM :)
Apart from that the wife wants me to now leave my wallet at home when I go out to stop me being tempted!

with all chines bikes it pays to strip all bearings and regrease them with quality grease as they often come with none or vasaline

sorry nearly forgot, change all nuts to locknuts(the type with plastic insert) to stop them coming undone in the bush

Awesome Jed, I've got the RV 125 and am currently giving her a "desert storm mod". I found some cammo canvas online, covered all the plastic bits with it using a spay adhesive and used a boat building resin to lock it all in place...beautiful glass finish. Will post pics when its all complete. Hard to source my tyres they will cost as much as the bike did! lol...it will be my WA bike.