New Tracking Devices

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
1478420979_tracker.jpg
Ok before you all think it :lol: I don't smoke I don't drink and I'm not on any meds :lol:
what I was wanting to find out, is there a device that can detect these things if someone placed them on one of your cars or 4x4?

Maybe a little more info GreenCheeks, specifications, name of product etc, unless you think less said the better ! ;)

greencheeks77 said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/6024/1478420979_tracker.jpgOk before you all think it :lol: I don't smoke I don't drink and I'm not on any meds :lol:
what I was wanting to find out, is there a device that can detect these things if someone placed them on one of your cars or 4x4?

o.k you all know it :lol: I smoke I drink and darn it I ran out of meds :mad: and I think this could lead to a cracker topic similar to metadata. My only observation recently is the boss seems to know when to call recently if he is concerned (unnecessarily) and I thought is he tracking the truck but the more plausible answer is smartphone for us not so much people. Hopefully another member can elaborate on this but I know they use trackers on the phones for the sales reps.

Silver you should be immune from this conspiracy with your hat and all :p

silver said:
Maybe a little more info GreenCheeks, specifications, name of product etc, unless you think less said the better ! ;)
I will say that my wife say its just coincidence so as my moderator I will go with that, but on the other hand I always say that prevention is always better than a cure and sometimes there is no cure for certain outcomes. I just put this up to see what everyone else's thoughts were about these new tracker
Thanks for the response gem in I and PabloP it does give me a different prospective on things so please keep the comments coming everyone I am all eyes and ears ATM. regards GC

Wouldn't break out the tin foil hats just yet :/ .
The things are all hype, they have to be within Bluetooth range (<10m) of an enabled smart phone, even then they are not exactly reliable.

If this helps i have a gsm/gprs/gps tracker for my car
It is for
Anti theft veh it will send a sms to your phone that your car is moving for where it was parked
Child protection put in kids school bags
Veh tracking for the boss that does not trust his drivers
Speed alert for young drivers or lead foot workers
Works on a sim card and tells you where whoever or whatever you are tracking is at any time through google maps
Down side
It has to have a usb charge outlet so makes it hard to hide in veh
its like your phone if you have no tower reception it will not work
Another as was stated here is the find my phone app which does work well as long as it is switched on

iana said:
Wouldn't break out the tin foil hats just yet :/ .
The things are all hype, they have to be within Bluetooth range (<10m) of an enabled smart phone, even then they are not exactly reliable.

So if you have bluetooth enabled on your smartphone it's not ok. Unless you are driving your car from more than 10m away?
Don't worry the conspiracy nuts will tell you that everything is tracked and monitored anyhow (and be correct).

And as for the GPS trackers Jaycar have been selling one for years at about $200.00 hard wired into your car, camper, motorbike etc and can disable the vehicle remotely as well as listen in to a conversation near the unit. Easy to install and will work for a couple of days after power has been disconected (from an internal battery) Ken.

7.62marksman said:
Yes mine was ebay and the sim for a year is very costly but it does what i need well i think it does

Amaysim have a pay as you use option and as the sim can just sit there and not send anything for months unless you send the sms to tell it to start transmitting it wont send anything at all (at least with the Jacar unit if I read the instructions correctly). Ken.

ken2m said:
So if you have bluetooth enabled on your smartphone it's not ok. Unless you are driving your car from more than 10m away?
Don't worry the conspiracy nuts will tell you that everything is tracked and monitored anyhow (and be correct).

A mate has a couple of those tags. On a good day the TrackR might help find your keys at home but ASIO wont be finding anyone with it.
But as everyone knows, the martphones are another can of worms entirely!

greencheeks77 said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/6024/1478420979_tracker.jpgOk before you all think it :lol: I don't smoke I don't drink and I'm not on any meds :lol:
If a device such as this is bluetooth you may find if you do a bluetooth scan for devices on your smart phone while next to your car you might get it show up in your list of things found. In the case of the TrackR brand in your picture it will be named "tkr"

Worth a shot :cool:

GaryO said:
greencheeks77 said:
If a device such as this is bluetooth you may find if you do a bluetooth scan for devices on your smart phone while next to your car you might get it show up in your list of things found. In the case of the TrackR brand in your picture it will be named "tkr"

Worth a shot :cool:
That's a pretty good idea 1 that I hadn't thought of cheers for that Gary O, And I never new that aldi sold those type of products Greenhornet_au or even jaycar for that matter its been a real eye opener everyone thanx a bunch ;)

Latest posts