New to Prospecting

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Four Straws

Paul Armstrong
Reaction score
Hi all, iam a keen camper and looking to get more out of it, so i thought prospecting could add more to it. I came across this site with tons of info so i thought i will join in with all the fun and may learn a thing or two, and hopefully contribute as i get more experience. Iam currently planning a trip to Hill End N.S.W as it looks the most obvious place to go and close to home. Hope i have a good story to tell on my return. Any advice would be appreciated.

Cheers Four Straws

Hi Four Straws,
Welcome aboard mate. I'm a newbie myself and I'm sure you'll find the people on here full of info.
I live in Bathurst and have been to Hillend quite a few times. The only place you can fossick/detect
is just a few kays north of town at Tambaroora. There is great camping in Hillend, and my favourite is at a campsite called Glendora. Costs about $10 bucks a night and has the best amenities block you could ask for. $1 showers and a motel quality facilities. It's a definite plus if the other half wants some creature comforts. :D
You can also try Sofala as there is a lot of options along the Upper Turon road.
Cheers Brendo... :cool:

Welcome guys
Bathurst is known for gold ,and I have been told that nearly all the creeks around bathurst and surrounding areas in the district show colour.

Varts

Thanks Brendo for the insite, hoping to be up there at the end of may for a few days, the first of many trips to the area

Cheers Four Straws

Thanks Varts for the welcome, I'll definitely explore around Bathurst

Cheers Four Straws

Latest posts