New recruit

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone ??
I actually grew a pair and signed up!
I have been reading the forums for a while now, and are pretty chuffed that I can get some expert insight.
I collect rocks...pretty ones, and now I am thinking what the hell do I have ?
It really is confusing to me and I am trying to get my head around the geology side of things, but geeze! I know now what is meant by brain fart ?
Anyways, I hope Im not too annoying, (I am good at that) and I look forward to reading and learning from everyone.
Jacqui

Hi Jacqui and welcome to PA.

We have a geologist on the forum who's very good at identifying pretty rocks, but he requires some information to help make the identification.

The below link to his page will tell you how to do tests and may help you to look them up and identify them yourself with the required information.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=24758

Best of luck.

Cheers,
Megsy

Jaros said:
And a howdy do to you Jacqui. I hope you enjoy the forum and show us some pics of your stone collection.
Jaros

Heya Jaros, I am really enjoying PA and I definitely will put up more pics of what I have...so far.
You have a great day :D

Welcome aboard Jacqui. Yes the Geology part is a steep learning curve for me too. Just check out the posts of people like Goldierocks, and Loamer (if it's Gold your chasing) via the search feature on the site, as there are so many questions about what you are looking for or what you've found that are answered in a way that seems real easy for us non-Geologist folk to understand. Enjoy your hunting

Deepseeker said:
Welcome aboard Jacqui. Yes the Geology part is a steep learning curve for me too. Just check out the posts of people like Goldierocks, and Loamer (if it's Gold your chasing) via the search feature on the site, as there are so many questions about what you are looking for or what you've found that are answered in a way that seems real easy for us non-Geologist folk to understand. Enjoy your hunting

Thanks Deepseeker... I am not after gold (shock horror) as I dont really like it, and the same with diamonds (I guess Im not a normal female ?).... but Saphires and Rubies etc are my goal. I am happy to have Jasper though.
Theres some forums that are particularly informative which I had turned to prior to joining PA, but Im trying to not obsess about rock hunting as its my respite from people and work, and I love it!

Hi AGR1612, welcome to PA. I Can't help you there as I have an ML GPX 5000, but I'm sure there are plenty of people on here with a GB Pro I'd imagine, who could answer your questions. Good luck!