New prospecting equipment.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Problem with the Gum Boot idea, is that if a Snake gets his Fangs stuck in your boot, they are real hard to kick off with a Snake hanging on them... :lol:

LW....

Mulga snake prob the only Aussie snake with any chance of even penetrating a gumboot, most snakes won't even get through denim. Mulga's are bastards mostly because of how vicious their bite is, with the tendency to hold on and chew to deliver the maximum dose of venom, which happens to be the highest dose out of our venomous friends, toxicity being lower than the likes of the Eastern Brown, Taipan, Tiger but made up for with the massive 150mg in one bite, it puts the Mulga at #6 on the list.

I remember moving some drums of fuel years ago and they were sitting in that powdery bulldust dirt, next thing I felt something hitting my boot, looked down to see a Death Adder striking me over and over but it had no chance getting me through leather boots and jeans, lol I still moved pretty fast. Another time I was pig hunting and a Brown or Taipan hit me on the jeans down low, it moved too quick for me to even tell what it was, I thought I was a goner for sure! But it didn't get through the denim thankfully, no snake bite kit on me back then either and at least 45 mins on foot from help.

So let me chuck one out there guys....I've spent the morning reading through the official Government Industry and Investment website,regarding Fossicking. If you read the info under the heading WHAT TECHNIQUES CANNOT BE USED FOR FOSSICKING, IT STATES:'Power operated equipment includes mechanical,hydraulic,pneumatic,battery and electrical equipment or machinery'.......
So my simple question is......wouldn't a sluice using a bilge pump and battery therefore be illegal....?? And also a metal detector as they also use batteries...??
I'm aware that dredging is a 'no brainer'......but have any of you run into trouble with the rangers or park officials for using the above mentioned equipment...??
Your feed back is appreciated.

In NSW yes you are correct no highbankers.
A sluice in the water is fine still (for the moment)

If you want to have fun move down south we are still allowed to highbank, trommell power dryblow.

Ivo said:
Hahaha yea there are plenty of spots along the turon that you will not see another living soul they whole time you are there lol

I love the Turon river area. I'm pretty much a noob but the area is lovely for camping and fossicking about

Latest posts