new minelab x terra 705

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am on a holiday at the moment and my wife bought me a 705 for Christmas. Yep she's a keeper! I detected for 3 afternoons around parks and beaches for 3 separate sessions and landed 76.00 bucks. On the 4th outing I went on a trip to small towns to try my luck. I ended up with 80.75 for the days digging. I'm addicted and have brought the detector with me to a new years wedding in hope to get up early for a swing

Now this is the ultimate holiday . That's good going mate . Did you find any pre-decimals ? Imagine if the wife had one . Reading stories like this is very frustrating knowing mine is in the mail awaiting delivery . I will be buying the missus one pretty soon I think . Do you think anyone will notice the detector in your hand at the wedding . :lol: Gaz

yeah i found a 1918 penny in reasonable nick. It wasnt that deep either. When i got home i ran the 705 over the backyard and pulled out a half penny as well. This knd of stuff floats my boat.

no i never got to the wet sand with it. I was not aware that it was very productive ground until i got home to dubbo. Its a shame i never knew beforehand. in the dry sand it is very stable though.

I can say that wet sand is fine. You will need to drop the sensitivity quite a bit tho. I think I'll record a beach setting video tomorrow afternoon. I will be in the back yard but you will see the settings I use. I hope it will help, I also have a park settings video on the site

Look for my user name in YouTube under channels and it will be the first one that pops up

Thanks mate. Was a good vid. Looking forward to seeing your wet sand vid.

Latest posts