Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi, I have been prospecting for nearly 5 years now. First half year NO gold until I met a Guy who knew how to set my machine properly. Found my first bit the same day.
Have not had many goldless days since.
Detected in the Triangle quite a bit. Going there twice a year for about 10 days. Found my largest bit ever at Notleys in the whipstick (5 grams).
Been at MT. Brown and Tin. 4 times for fly poop like 60 bits for 3 grams and found quite a bit at Hill End, an ounce or so.
Last year I went up to Forsaith in N Queensland near Georgetown. Very difficult country to read. Found about 10 grams in a week. That was a long drive for little gold.
I actually live on the gold near Copeland NSW but there is no alluvial thare as far as I know. They dug up a lot of gold out of narrow quarts reefs down to 300 ft. There is panning gold in the creek though but I'm not a panner.
Went up to Glendon and big hill last week without success. :mad: :mad:

Welcome aboard mate , i just detect as well , no water here to wet pan or highbank. What machine do you use ? :cool:

Welcome to the forum...and i recon the name is great....If you need to ask the time then you're obviously not enjoying yourself :) hope you can gain some info from the friendly bunch on the forum and look forward to some tales of your adventures...good luck on the next hunt .Cheers Wal. :)

As you can see my 12'' nf ellip just went belly up on me , i am devastated ! Like you i have bigger coils but they aint the same . :cool: