New Hobby of mine.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a few... Stand alone / table top Rexonola gramophone's and a portable and I forget how many records...

But not too many others are interested.

Old Bing Crosby and lots of ww2 and post war records...

rocketaroo said:
I love the old music, I have an Edison which plays very thick disks, at 80rpm.
[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/u5Z4wDWbEiI[/video]
Hey Rocket
I have a box full of the older thicker records
And this is a good weekend too look through them :Y:
If you're interested I will make a list and if there is any you would like you can have .

dam it said:
rocketaroo said:
I love the old music, I have an Edison which plays very thick disks, at 80rpm.
[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/u5Z4wDWbEiI[/video]
Hey Rocket
I have a box full of the older thicker records
And this is a good weekend too look through them :Y:
If you're interested I will make a list and if there is any you would like you can have .

Thanks mate, do they say Edison on them?

Here are some poor pics.

I have about 5 Milk crates full of records including the Andrew Sisters and even the Carter Family etc.

Have sold most of the others I restored as my wife like a minimal hose hold, hence the little portable is tucked away in one of my workshops.

I hate repairing broken springs, so many got over wound OR left to over spin and often the end of the spring that clips to a rivet; breaks. So you have to play with a LARGE tempered clock spring / heat and re drill etc and then temper again and then re coil and fit... PITA.

1512180837_2017-12-02_09.38.53_medium.jpg

1512180837_2017-12-02_09.39.04_medium.jpg

1512180838_2017-12-02_09.42.13_medium.jpg

A Pioneer PL-61 turntable would have to be vintage by now, I bought it at the Pearl Harbour PX back in 1973. Fitted with an Audio Technica moving coil cartridge that holds an elliptical diamond stylus. :) :) :)

rocketaroo said:
My edison has a diamond stylus, they do wear, but lasted a lifetime.

I would have thought that with a heavier tracking weight and softer material in the records themselves that they would wear before the stylus.

Hi guys

I have several edison cylinders. I got them for $5.00 each at an antiques shop in Berrima ( since closed). Got some very good antiques from a shop in Mittagong too. Will have to go back there soon.

Latest posts