New drawings!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With a new topic in art class "a quite place" I've decided to draw a creek.

1447917201_image.jpeg

Will keep you updated.

Yo Brian sorry I haven't drawn up that car yet been heaps busy with school work but will definitely start it soon. :)

Lol nice comment silver and another great sketch FossickingKid! Finding a perspective or vanishing point can be tricky and your off to a great start with this new image mate.

I've noticed recently in op-shops that the hand-pump Crayola air-brush has been showing up heaps and bought one for my daughters for $5. For a cheap airbrush and using textas...it is a fun toy you may want to look at getting one day and have a go mabey stenciling or airbrushing :)

Best advice I can give you is save up $50 and go to your local art supplier or newsagency and buy a selection of:

Greyleads - all hardnesses hb..sb..sh..etc
Charcoal pencils
Skin tone pencils
Ink - this means fine liners of various sizes, texta and also paintbrush ink / caligraphy ink
A good eraser like the soft putty eraser will prevent smudging
Water & oil color paints + brush

When you draw, keep a habit of keeping a scrap piece of paper under your pencil / drawing hand so you don't smudge your work

There are many ways to learn to draw, feel free to ask any questions. I'm not totally awesome or H.R.Geiger, but I used to be a great drawer. Nearly lost the touch :(

Best of luck mate, you have the talent!

Oh - whenever you get the chance..draw. do it as much as you can. If you can't think of what to draw, grab any boring object and try to draw it as realistic as you can with shape, perspective and shading, instead of thinking of what to draw, as I know this can be an issue and spend a lot of time just 'finding something to draw'. Even if its a pencil..drink bottle or silver coin someone detected off the forum.. try to draw it all :)

Hope my post isn't too confusing for you buddy

Not confusing at all Atomrat :) but I'm interested now in that airbrush. Sounds like it would be pretty fun using. I will think about getting those supplies that you have mentioned and will try and get some next time I'm near an art shop. Thanks heaps Atomrat for great information. :)

Buy what you can mate, at school, ask your teacher if there's any supplies you can have like worn down pencils or even paper. Any supplies to keep it cheaper as prices keep going up on everything.

The airbrush is rather basic, but still fun. I can post an image I made with it if you like. I had to buy a new set of textas from kmart which cost 12 dollars to fit in the machine and use. They don't last forever either, and some can get messy...but that's what art is :)

Ok here's the crayola hand pump airbush and image I made using stencils ( cut from a4 paper ) and the last sketch I did a few months back. I'm probably more a sketcher than a drawer these days and havnt put much effort into artwork on paper since i was young. Sorry for the photo quality mate

1447927588_14479273202471.jpg

1447927608_14479272029010.jpg

1447927629_14479274291550.jpg

By the way..only grab the crayola thing if its cheap. New in the shops they are $100 and I'm sure you could use that money on a better airbrush kit than a crayola one buying something from an art supplyer or ebay. Mine was only $5 and thet are not worth $100 because it does get a luttle bit annoying pumping it :) but still fun!!

Thanks guys, I made three layer stencils using gimp which is free and had office works print it out at A3 for me. For the paint I went to the graffiti shop and bought so decent cans and a canvas from a cheap store near by. The old man and me took some airbrush class's awhile back now and he still has all the gear for it