New Cricket Bat

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't go wrong with Gray Nicolls young fella , they have been making great bats for a very long time ;)

Keep that elbow up :)

Buy whatever bat you feel comfortable holding. Don't just buy a name. Go to a good sports store and test a few different ones until you find one that feels right. Let the bat pick you..... ;)

Happened when I went to get a new set of golf clubs. I went there with the intention of buying a new set of Titleist AP2's and that was all I wanted to get. Ended up walking out with a set of Callaway XR's. Amazing what can happen when you actually have something in your hands and it just hits you 'Wow how good does this feel' and then you don't even care what brand it is.... :)

My son has a Kaboom and they are good. Prices once the season ends will drop by 50% in Rebel Sport though so it's not the best time to buy one. I got him another Kookaburra from England where they are cheaper at the moment... here's the link. Postage from the UK to Oz is only $10 and took 2 weeks to arrive.
Hope you get one you like.

http://au.sportsdirect.com/cricket/cricket-bats

C

Edit: Although this website linked is their Aussie marketing one and is priced in AU$ the bat WILL come posted from England.

Hi Mate, check out your local opp shop, I use to buy tennis gear, foot balls, volly balls, and all that sort of sports gear to help out a couple of local kids in my area. When I gave it to them I was surprised to find out from these kids that there was some real top brand gear in it. At times I was not sure if I was helping or stirring. The thing is I never paid more than 5 dollars for any item.On another note I am not sure if you have kerb side clean ups but i collected over 15 bikes some almost new and donated them to a special education school, Just saying you sometimes get things without going to a retail store and I am not saying to do anything illegal.

Cheers, DD

My very first bat given to me by my Dad was a Rapier Test. It was signed by Kieth Stackpole . Still have it hanging in the pool room.
My kids were bought Gray Nics and they made plenty of runs. With a name like KABOOM its got to be bloody good !!!
GT

Bats are different from when I was playing grade cricket some years ago. Check out Kingsgrove Sports on the web, and if you can get your dad to take you down there. It is the home of cricket in NSW, and you will get much better advice re the appropriate size and weight of bat taking into your current development than you will at one of the chain stores.

I know the season might be upon us mate and you want to get that bat. Mostly the same advice as above, except head down the nets and see what you can borrow to have a hit.

The right bat you have confidence in will make all the difference. I personally preferred a lighter bat and spent many an afternoon noodling out a 50 or two rather than hitting it over the rope. If you get a couple in the right spot it will matter far less what's in your hand and far more what's in your head.

Whatever you choose I hope you enjoy your season mate and have a few wins along the way. Cricket is a bloody wonderful game to play.

Juniors cricket TFK ? Do they still make you retire at 50?

Latest posts