Need advice

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all ,I would like some advice !! I have been working an area that I have got some good gold "42 nuggets a few grams short off 2oz in the last few weeks" nuggets from 8.5gms-0.2gms . I have raked the hill side so I don't miss much.. Some off the gold coming from pipe clay, Im wondering if it would be worth digging and scraping a foot off the top in some off the areas that have produced good nuggets and trying for deeper gold??? Has anyone dug out an area? If so how did you go?? Any advice would be great.

Hi Matt,

Great to hear your finding good colour, always nice to know its out there still!

I agree with Azza, massive hole and you may not reep any reward. I don't know what your swinging, but i'd be more incline to try different coils and settings. I've got a 45 so I'd go deep settings and ramp my gain through the roof. Hit it with fresh batteries and my biggest coil and move around as slow as I could.

Either way it doesn't matter much, you've got almost 2oz's in your kitty!

Well I have already raked an area off about 50x30m so if someone was to walk across the area I'm sure they will know what's going on it comes down to getting in first digging it out and putting it all back :D

Give it a go if there is one spot that more of your nuggets came out of then dig that area up and try

Hi Lingus77, I'm running a GPX 5000 14in nugget finder ,working it in enhanced with the gain as high as I can get it on he day. My thought process was to take half a foot ot a foot off the top in a 10mX10m area and try to perhaps pick up some bigger bits deeper down.

Hit it with every coil you have, and if you don't have a big coil, buy one.

G'day Matt, let us know how you went, did scraping help or did you splash out and buy a bigger coil, interested to know what worked, Scrubby

Hey Matt
Nice puzzle o have, try normal if it runs okay? dig some ground as this is the only way to answer your question & may teach you a few lessons, test some dirt to work out the most productive spot? it may pay to work it with a highbanker or such?
Good luck go for Gold.
cheers
Lee